New members of the France forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

:)

not from there but we would happily come camping and  get to know people.....not far from paris but we travel around alot in the summer xx suzy

Greetings from Sri lanka!!

I'm also looking to move to France with my family!! Any special hints!! I'm very fresh for this site!! Would like to get know the people from Paris community!

greetings, ill be arrivign to paris on the 30th of may, gladyly hoping for any insights in with job seeking, geenral maintainence, and anybody wanting to practice english or spanish.

Hi!!! I'm a 30-year-old mom of a 5-year-old and married to an equestrian superstar. I'm from Chicago, hubby is from Senegal. I own my own biz coaching entrepreneurs and we moved to Le Mans last week!

Love exploring, adventures, et bien sûr, all of the fun stuff to do here =)

Would love to meet anyone close by!

@CanadianNicole

I'm moving to France to take a year or possibly year and a half long French course to learn the language. After that, I'm hoping to get into a Masters program there (if my language is at a good level of fluency). That's the path I'm taking to get there. Maybe it'll give you an idea or two!

Hi I'm Maureen and I'm a US expat living in Nice. I've had a place here for more than 9 years and I'm a full-time travel blogger called Life On The Mediterranean highlighting travel, culture, cuisine in the Mediterranean region. Glad to be a part of this group. Life On The Mediterranean travel blog

hi guys, just arrive to paris on my work and travel visa, looking dfor a job and possible roomates, any trips or tricks??

im looking for a room share... do you have accomodation already? good time pf the year for hotel and bar work as itl be busy soon with summer coming

hi rachel i live in the remote parts outside paris but i hope to be moving soon.... your near the race thing in le mans im sure thats some rally place lol... hope your settling in well, ive just come back from australia lol the time zone gone all weird on me again lol hahaha message me anytime... suzy

Hi ...
We are relocating to Strasbourg, France in August from Mumbai, India.
Seeking help to know few good real estate brokers for finding our house/apartment in the city...

My wife and I have loved Paris since our first visit in 1982. We've found a way to spend at least a few days in Paris every year since. We recently retired and have always considered the idea of spending at least half of every year in Paris. We would love to hear from those who've taken the leap about their experiences and would be so happy to receive a few practical tips.

We have our next trip scheduled for August 2018 and I am hoping to find a way to meet with one of more U.S. expats while we are there.

Bob

Hello,

My name is Laure and am married with two children. I'm French but have lived in the U.K. for 16 years. My husband is British and we are looking to move to my hometown Lyon within the next couple of years. I'm a languages teacher and my husband is a consultant in project management but also qualified tree surgeon. Does anyone have a good "to do list" prior to moving? Can you recommend any companies IN Lyon who would employ native English speakers like my husband? Thanks for reading!

Hi all!
I'm an American student working on her stage here in Brittany! I speak French, but have been needing some time with English speaking people!
If anyone is in/around Quimper, I'd love to meet you!
Kipsy :)

Greeting!
My name is Haifa, I am 28 years old and I am looking forward to move to france for the coming 6 months

Currently learning french but very slow :(

Hello! My name is Ashley. I am 28 years old living in the south of France. I have been living here a little over a year now. I still find it hard to meet new people and keep friends. Hoping to try something new

Hello, I'm Dipya. My husband and I just moved to Bordeaux from Toronto. We've only been here about a week now. Hoping to get some help with all the formalities that are involved in settling in, in Bordeaux, especially since we're both currently terrible at French! :)

Hi everyone,
I'm French and I live in Lille.
I spent lot of time abroad so, I know it's nice to have some good advices by a local. I'll glad to help you if you have questions for your arrival in France ;)

Hello, my name is Michele. My partner Tim and I are from New Zealand currently living in Australia. We have travelled to France twice for a holiday and loved it so much we have decided to pack up and move over for a year....or maybe more! It's scary but exciting at the same time.

Hello my name is Alex and I've been in France for a couple of years about 45 mins south of Toulouse.  I'm from the UK.  I've been renovating a house and making it livable in.  It's nearly at that stage and I've recently checked my bank account and realised with a shock that it's nearing empty.  So now I'm reaching out to try to find some work.  I'm a qualified English ESOL teacher and was working in the UK as a contracts Lawyer.  I'm a keen writer and I'm also a Hypnotherapist.

It's certainly hard to meet people.  Where in the south of France are you?

Hey crisplex,
How are you ? I am searching and finding a job in France so can you help me that how to type a post on expat.com?
Thank you so much

Hello~!
My name is Andrea. I am a 26 year old student from the United States. My boyfriend currently lives in Nantes, and I am planning to move there in about 2 years when I receive my Bachelor's degree and TESOL certificate to teach abroad in France.

I have a few questions regarding TESOL, Education, Jobs, and just living in France. I'm looking at possibly getting a student visa to move there and study abroad in Nantes, but I am uncertain of any and all possibilites that I could possibly look into to use to my advantage.

If anyone has some advice or can help me with answering some questions, it would be highly appreciated! Thank you so much in advance!  :heart:

hello my name is omos and i currently stay in lille.hoping to make new friends here.i speak english and a little french .. have a lovely day

Hello,

I am a newbie here, i am Ananda, an indonesian student at Université Paris Sud France. I'd like to broaden my network with people around the world and i'd also like  to share some information about Indonesia for those who are planning to live or create a business especially in Lombok Island ( the rising star island in the indonesian tourism). I speak Indonesian, English and French.

Nice to know you all :)

Hi I'm Claire...  I've lived in Brittany for 16 years.  Was an accountant for the army in england, but have since trained to be a chef over here and have just finished a course to be a translator.  I could do with some people to talk to.....  feeling a tad down since losing my mum and my boys don't need me so much these days lol

Hi, I am Zoe.  I moved to Paris from Los Angeles last summer to study French pastry.  I brought an orangy cat, Scopa, from the US (I am a hard-core cat lady :).   It would be nice if I can meet other cat lovers to go to a cat cafe here! 

Anyways, nice meeting you guys!  Have a nice day.

Zoe

Hello everyone!  I'm Amira, Tunisian, looking forward to start my second masters at the University of Orléans this September. Currently still in Tunisia, trying to find a place to stay as it's hard to rent a room when you are away. I'm really happy to be among you and learn from your experiences in France :D

Hi, i hope everything will work out for you both, the only advice i can give you is to look into a visa for her before coming to France, i am married to a french citizen, we were young, and let's face it, kinda dumb, because in my country of origin getting married gave him automatically the right of residence we thought it could be the same here for me and boy, we were so wrong lol, i had to go back and do a ton of paperwork before being able to finally reunite, so yeah, do your homework ahead in the embassy of France in Philippines, i know that a work visa is much easier to get too if she manage to land a job offer before arriving here, and well there is always the last resource of the student visa, i don't think her civil status will be a problem if her "démarche " is administratively independent of yours

Hello everyone, my name is Kelly, i am latina and i fell in love with a frenchy and i have been following him ever since a bit all over France, i have lived in Rennes, Poitiers, Lyon, Paris, Pithiviers and now i am living in a tiny town near Le Mans, i could love to meet ppl either young or young at heart, i am a geeky girl, and i miss so much my group of lovable dorks back home, i have an extensive collections of games both table top and pc, i love to read, cook,enjoy a glass of wine, rock and punk music and it's been really tough to meet ppl who just want to hang out, i talk a lot, but i am also a good listener, and i enjoy meeting people from all walks of life as long as they are not racist or prejudiced against LGBTQ plus ppl ^^

Hello,
We r Loreta & Florin, both 59, originally from Romania but lived Canada for the last 22 years,so obviously have both EU and Canadian citizenship.our intention is to move and retire in S-W France,  close to the sea, but not mandatory, a place with spring like climate.
So thank u for having us and feel free to advice us acordingly.
Thank u in advance,

Hello,
We live in Alberta but intend to move  to Aix de Provence with our kuvasz dog, so lets keep in touch,please tell me your first impressions,
Thx, Florin,Edmonton, AB

FloresDelMal wrote:

Hello everyone, my name is Kelly, i am latina and i fell in love with a frenchy and i have been following him ever since a bit all over France, i have lived in Rennes, Poitiers, Lyon, Paris, Pithiviers and now i am living in a tiny town near Le Mans, i could love to meet ppl either young or young at heart, i am a geeky girl, and i miss so much my group of lovable dorks back home, i have an extensive collections of games both table top and pc, i love to read, cook,enjoy a glass of wine, rock and punk music and it's been really tough to meet ppl who just want to hang out, i talk a lot, but i am also a good listener, and i enjoy meeting people from all walks of life as long as they are not racist or prejudiced against LGBTQ plus ppl ^^

First drawn to your Rose Quartz profile pic.
We have a lot of the same interests and ideals.

I normally don't say much here, but it's nice to see your presence here on expat in this forum.
I'm a huge nerd and would love to talk more with you if you'd be interested.

Have a great day.

Hello everyone

My name is Era. Born and raised here in the Philippines. I'll move to Antibes before the year ends to take on a job in the IT field. Hope to meet some of you guys when I arrive! Cheers!

:D Thank you

Hi,
I have lived in village next to Aix en Provence for over 14 years. It's a beautiful town. Let me know when you get here.
Carolyn

thanks so much!

Hey! My name is Ali, and I'll be moving to Lille in 3 weeks for work! I was wondering if you knew of any good ways to find houses or apartments for rent? I've been checking leboncoin and appartager, but no one replies... Any help is appreciated.

Hello, everyone!

My name is Ali, and I'm an English teacher in French high schools. I've studied abroad a semester in the north of France, lived a year in the south of France, and am now moving back up to the north to teach there. I'm in love with France, but still on the hunt for housing options for a short-term (9 month) lease. Please let me know if you have suggestions for housing or know of anyone who would be interested in English lessons. Merci beaucoup!

Hi, my name is Ben and I like meet new friends in here all over the world. I have lived in many cities in Great Britain and France and I appreciated a lot each one of them...I wish anyone to find his needs and don't hésitate to ask if you're in need of any help in Paris and suburbs. I love foreign language and especially I want to learn finnish, german, swedish, norwish, so if anyone likes make tandem and friend, you re welcome.

Ben

Closed