New members of the Egypt forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Newbie on the Egypt forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Egypt if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi, I looking to find out more information about life in Cairo.  I am a single woman in my mid 30's and I would like to know specifically about the safety of life in Cairo and the realities of life for a single woman living here, I would ideally like to hear other women who are a similar age who have experienced moving to this city and living alone there.

Hi all! Glad to join you! Searching for job in SEO field. My CV is here - [code][link moderated]

life in Egypt is totally safe ,people are friendly but there are certain areas you need to stay away from

Greetings, I will be moving to Cairo for work and hopefully with my trailing spouse. I look forward to learning more and living there. I understand people I work with live in Maadi. But there are many communities with Maadi in the name, so I am curious what my housing allowance will buy and what to ship or leave at home. Thank you.

Hi Greeting from SIngapore! I am a Chinese Singaporean living in Cairo.

Cairo is more safe nowadays and you should not be afraid from anything, is there something in a specific you are worry about? coz being 30's and single it is not an issue.

Hey :)

I'm an Egyptian physician, have always been living here. Fluent in both Arabic and English so I usually tutor medical subjects to non-Egyptians studying here.

Hi
I recently went to Cairo for vacation and liked the place. I was thinking of moving there. I work in the non profit sector and was thinking of taking some courses in order to teach English there. Want to know how feasible this can be. Any ideas/suggestions is most welcome.

Hello there!
Im Brunny, a Brit moving to Cairo this summer. Ive been living in Shenzhen for the last 5 years and am now ready for another change. Really looking forward to Cairo, Im reading up lots about it and looks fantastic!

Im not sure where Ill be living, but hopefully Zamalek.

Im a history teacher and Im into a bunch of things from watching sports, to sea kayaking, dancing, animals, comedy clubs and what ever else really.

Am hoping more than anything else to make some contacts before I arrive - so if you think you might fancy meeting up for a wine some time then let me know.
Id definitely like to hear from single women and their experiences of living in Cairo as it does worry me a little bit - getting around on my own and all that.

Cheers

Brunny

i do not know what kind of ideas you guys have on the life here , it is like any other place in the world , the annoying thing for tourists might be the '' too much welcome ''that some  egyptians show  lol i mean yeah for some it is annoying , for some it is cool , but actually no women are harassed except in the poor areas maybe , but you must know that the number of women is even more than the number of men , so we do not eat women here it is just like any other place in the world

Haha!
No I think women should be cautious, no matter where in the world they are, and the older we get the more cautious we become - its just common sense really. I know that if I had a daughter I'd be hoping she was taking her safety in the world into mind, be it in New York, London, Cairo or anywhere else. A valid concern :)

Certainly not going to detract from me enjoying myself when I get there - can't wait!

Best wishes :)

I totally agree with Mohamed. There's nothing really unsafe about Egypt if you stay away from some certain areas which you won't really get hurt but it's better if you just don't go.

Hello People,

I'm Anand/Andy from India. Just moved to Cairo on long term work this month. I'm living currently in Downtown area and really looking forward to Cairo night life. Just want to check on places to play tennis or any other sports club around my place. Hope I will have a great time here😊

Hi my name is Ryan . I am a groundworker and gardener and also do property maintenance In England but looking for a change maybe in Egypt in a hotel but it's hard to find a job for what I do I have a lot off exsperiene off the work and i can run work if put in charge of the job is right

Hello,

Egypt & Cairo is safe, don't worry.

Egyptians are friendly too.

Where are you planning to stay? Which city?

Welcome in Egypt  for every one :)

Hi Ryanaldo
I think you can market Egyptian property in your country it will be low cost for People who want Enjoy time with sun

Hi, glad to hear that.. and I am Egyptian living in Singapore.. such a good swap .. :D

hello all
             i'm muhammad goniem live in egypt working in IT fields for reputable company, all around egypt is amazing every day discover more about my country through videos on social medias, a forum like here, or listening to stories and experiences from traveling.
-in my opinion best places where you spend your vacation are hurghada, sharm elsheikh, luxor, aswan, and wahat in the desert actually it's charming when you walk on soft sands.
-cairo is extremely crowded everyday might at night the city beautiful about restaurants like "sobhy kaber" near from rood el farag and "el prince" in imbabba they're awesome in foods .
-for tourists take your attentions you might when buying something for example
luxuries shops if you liked an item told you 50 when you give him 50 EGP he says no i meant 50 USD it's funny but kind of scam so be aware and focus with them .

Hi, I'm Anne, just joined.  Live in Sharm and have done for 4 years.  Run UK virtual PA business and do airport pick ups and also an Avon rep here in Sharm.  I also rescue street dogs and currently looking to home 3 puppies and looking for foster carers here in Sharm.

Hi everyone,
I bought a place in hurghada, and I am thinking to move there,  I live in London, I am an Arabic teacher for no native speakers, I don't know from where to start.

I am an Egyptian citizen, welcome to Egypt

Any advice on how easy is to move to hurghada.

@ Izeboudjene > Please feel free to create a new thread on the Hurghada forum and to ask your questions, it will give you much more visibility. ;)

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Hi guys,

My name is Sara Ashour and I live in Maadi. For people living in Maadi, it would an honor to help you around and answer your questions concerning the area.

I hope you like your stay in Egypt if you're already here. If you're not, so hope to see you soon :)

Hi Sara
Thank you so much for your sweet reply. I am hopping to visit soon, In Shaka Allah as soon as I book my ticket I will contact you to meet.
I wish you lol the best
Seloua

Hi everyone:)

I come from a small country in Europe called Croatia, famous by its beautiful coast and countless idyllic islands.  I have a steady and constant job here in my country, but this year I am planning to move to Egypt for personal reasons and currently in a search for new job opportunities.

For the most of my professional life I've been working in a Financial sector, and this is where I am good at - numbers. Also I can say that I am an excellent organizer as I was in charge in organizing numerous events and business meet ups.

....Egypt here I come :)))

Hi to everyone, 38 years  old Italian,  here in giza- 6 october area. Not  new in   Egypt as I lived here from 2009 to 2013. My pm it's open  to anyone . cheers.

welocme Fadbio :)

Thanks Amr

Hi , am Saleh living and studying medicine masters in Alexandria . Am from Kenya.
Enjoying life here :)

Hi everyone
My name is Saoussane.  I'm a Moroccan Teacher ,  I lived in Egypt between 2011 and 2015. And I will come back in July

hi , I m wilfried, come from france
I ll live at cairo for the next few years .
so many new adventures to do :)

Welcome To Egypt for All :-)

Sup Egyptians and fellow humans from other nations :D Welcome to EG and we all hope you have a wonderful time here. Egyptians are kind in nature so please feel free to ask for help if u ever need it.

I just came back to EG myself so if u feel like u need a free tour guide, hit me up.. would love to show you around.

Peter

Hi All,
Im moving to Egypt to work . Im looking for a  for a 1 bedroom  apartment/ Studio for  rent in dokki or surrounding area. Any ideas?

Really i want helping u but i don't have any information   about bedroom apartment i am sorry , is there another something i can do it for u ?!

Hello everyone

@Payawal73 > try to check the housing in Egypt section. You can also post an ad there. Good luck

What are those bad areas that have been mentioned, so they can be avoided?

Closed