New members of the China forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi Eli!
I do not have any degree and no teaching experience. I am looking into getting my tefl certification. I have trained on other topics before due to my job. I am currently in school getting a business management degree. Even if I travel abroad I can continue to do this because it is online. I was in the military for 5 years before hand so I have trained/taught others in that aspect.  I am very interested though! So please tell me what I can do!

The school is looking for teachers with education degrees.. good luck with your endeavours.

I am a citizen of China and work for expats who have or will come to China, especially Beijing. I want to share my knowledge with them and help expats have an easier relocation process.

Maybe you can find a school to teach which is suitable for your child. Here for some international schools in China, teachers' children can get education in the employer school for free.

I've lived in Guangzhou for quite a while. The city has changed so much over the years, mostly for the better. I work in fashion. We manufacture here for export. Mostly to the US. If you have any questions about living in Guangzhou or the fashion biz, hit me up.

i'm moving to shanghai and i want to know if i can drive a car with a tunisian driver's lecense ?

Hey you..I am moving in July and found my position with Teachanywhere. Absolutely AMAZING!!! My recruiter Kaleigh has been with me every step of the way!! Highly recommend. I am working at an international school, and if I had a child she would receive instruction for free. So, it really is possible :)

Hi alma,you can not use your country drives license directly.You need to exchange chinese drivers licencse.the following is tutorial image.https://img3.doubanio.com/view/note/large/public/p38601531.jpg

Hi All, I have just got a job offer to teach English in China. I am from South Africa. I was offered a 10 000 RMBs per month. Is this fine for living in China, Sichuan?

Hi can you give me his email address please?

This salary in sichuan is very fine.wish you have a good time in sichuan.

How much is the cost of leaving per month there? I know people are not the same but just on average.

Hallo people!

Old china hand, almost 18 years in China: Shanghai, beijing and hangzhou...Interpreter (italian-chinese) and martial art coach (shanghai-wingchun.com)

I'm also (among other):
- A guitarist (mostly rock blues, heavy influenced by Bonamassa and Satriani)

Cheers

Hello everyone,
I am Isabella, a local in Guangzhou. I just moved back from New York lately. I would like to make some new friends and meet up for a drink or go explore the city together since I am not familiar with my city anymore haha.

Hey there ,
My name is Sophia , i'm 23 yo, coming from Morocco and currently living in Hangzhou China .
It's been 15 days that i'm here now , and i'll be staying in Hangzhou for one year as I am participating in a global talent program with AIESEC (sort of internship).
I am looking for new friends to plan stuff with !

Dear Alma hi,

I am afraid you will not drive. Any of the foreign driving license are not valid in china. However, you can easily convert your license to chinese one. Only you have to translated license and need stamp for the original documents from your country and Chinese embassy. After that in china you need to take an exam which can make it English, French, Spanish and Arabic etc. You can convert it Chinese license.

I might be missing some information but most probably procedures are easy I think. :)

Dear Isabella hi,

I am a Turkish citizen and I will be there in September for studying chinese language. If you need we can drink and explore the  city together :) Most probably you are experienced than me till that time :P so If you want 4 months later we can talk again :)

Hello Everyone! My name is Dale from Philippines. I'll be living in China for good next month. I would really love to make new friends :) Please do message me!

Hi!

My name is Olive. I am originally from Beijing, spent about 4 years in the U.S. (Austin and New York) doing my masters and working. Now I am heading back to my home town. I'd love to make some expats friends and keep my language fluency :)

I know being in a new country can be a daunting process - I've been through that myself. So maybe I can be some help. I am 31 so it's better we are around similar age. Please PM me!

I'm teaching in Shanghai from August, what are you doing in Shanghai?  Have you got WeChat?

Take Care

Nathan

Hey All
I'm Zoe from South Africa. I am moving to Taicang which is not far from Shanghai this month and would like to meet a few friends. People to hang with and have fun with. Please send me a message if you interested.

Hi, I am Hilary, living in Shijiazhuang since August 2016.  Im new on expat.com. I would love to make new friends from here. my interests in  China is Business and tourism

Hey Zoe, I'm moving to Shanghai in July and looking to meet some new friends out there to go out/explore with! Let me know if you're interested in meeting up when the time comes! x

Hey
I'm interested as I will be moving to China next week. Do you have WeChat?

Hey, yeah I do, what's your id?

ZoeSolo24

Are you an American?

Where are you from? I live in china already

Where are you from?

I'm from the UK, you? Where in China are you living?

Hello Everyone,

I am a teacher and have just secured a job in Gubei Shanghai. I am coming over with two kids. Is that a bad idea? Can anyone help me with how I can secure a decent accommodation in the area please?

Hey,

I am from London- UK and will be moving to Gubei in Shanghai to teach English (August 2018) in a British International school. Although I have accepted the offer, I am starting to have cold - feet about this move because information about lifestyle etc is pretty limited. I am also planning to make this move with two young kids ages 5 and 5 is that a good idea? Anyone with kids here?  So I have joined this forum with the hope I will get all the necessary information I need to help me get ready for this big move. Help to hear from you soon!

The school should help you to find it. Or go through an agency. Bring a translator if needed . Many documents are only in Chinese

Okay thanks, I have now contacted them and hope to hear from them soon.

Hi everyone,
I'm staying in Guangzhou until June 15.  I'm currently in Tianhe district, but may relocate to Liwan soon. 

I'm from the US.  I can speak English and Korean fluently but my Mandarin is very poor.  I would like to meet up with any locals and other expats who are looking to learn and explore Guangzhou. 

By the way, EvilPete is just my bboy name.  I am not that evil.

Hey all,
I'm moving to Suzhou in September so would be cool to meet some people before i come. I like to explore and do random stuff, so if anyone is interested hit me up.
Ciao

Moderated by Christine 5 years ago
Reason : free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Heyyy, I'm a local Chinese and I'd like to meet new friends and see what I can help. Don't be hesitate to ask if you have any questions. Also, you can also hit me up for any kinds of conversation and topics.

Hi Everyone

I´m Eva from Switzerland / Germany and just moved to Suzhou SIP. I will be staying here for three months working with Bosch.

nice to meet yoyu

Closed