New members of the Chile forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Newbie on the Chile forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Chile if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi,

I am Rocky from Canada.
Coming to Santiago next week for a project.

Looking forward and excited to explore Chile.

Thanks.

My wife and I have been in Chile about two months. Spent a month in Santiago at Spanish language school and are now in La Serena for another week and a half. We sold our house and spend our time roving this great world.
Love to meet up with people in La Serena before March 21--especially those that want to celebrate St Patrick's day somewhere on the 17th. After that we'll be in Valparaiso for five days.

Hi all. I'm from south africa. Wanting me and my family to move over to Chile. But not sure of requirements. We own a small salon here and property. So would like to buy a property in Chile. I don't know where to start with any lrocessy

Hello everybody!

My name is Marco Valdés. I'm a Chilean lawyer and recently joined to the Expat(dot)com community.

I've been an expat myself. in 2015 I decided to move to New Zealand on a Working Holiday Visa. It was one of the greatest experiences.

I came back to Chile at the end of 2017 and decided to start providing legal and immigration services for those wanting to come to Chile or who already are here.

If you need my services don't hesitate to contact me.

Hi. Me and my spouse and child would like to immigrate from south Africa. It's become a necessity now as we are not safe. What is the easiest way. Can we purchase a property

Hi Bambimae,
Send me a private message to discuss it.

Regards,

I'm new on this forum lol have no idea how

Hello everyone!

I will be visiting Chile shortly & am strongly considering moving there. My faith is a top priority; being of service to people & animals is a close second!  I love being outdoors; swimming, hiking, gardening, yoga, & exploring are my favorite activities.  I'm really just looking for a better quality of life than the USA has to offer and truly hope to become part of the community where I settle.

welcome....you will enjoy the nature here...

Thank you so much!  I'm thankful for this forum; I hope to get to know as many fellow expats in addition to as many locals as I can get to tolerate my toddler-level spanish :-)

Are you already in Santiago?  How is your experience so far?

haha...yea just be positive and try to increase your vocab in Spanish... slowly you will be a champ.
yes in Santiago since Feb, working here.

Hi, this is Sujeeth. Living in Bangalore. Have a adventure tourism company. Want to relocate or start similar business in Chile. Wanted to know what will be the minimum investment required? Will the minimum investment be different if we start business being in Chile? Any information or contacts who can guide me further into this will be definitely helpful. Thank you.

Hi,
I am Bhaskar Ram from Malaysia.

I am currently in Santiago, Chile on a project till end of April 2018.

Would Like to connect with other expats here.

Hello, Everyone!

Myself Ved, I am from India and will soon be moving to Vina del Mar for an employment purpose. Looking forward and excited to explore Chile.

I would appreciate if anyone here could provide information regarding housing for rent.

Thanks,
Ved

You can look at Locanto for Viña del Mar, here is the first page translated, for apartments:

https://translate.google.com/?tl=hu#es/ … Fdist%3D30

Read it in the original Spanish here:
http://vinadelmar.locanto.cl/Departamen … 1/?dist=30

Thanks mate! :)

Hi,
I'm Eyad from Jordan, my wife and three children are Chilean citizen, living with me in Jordan
How can I start moving to Chile?

Hi my name is Gordon Young and iam planning on living in Chile. My spouse and myself have purchased a home and property near copquecura by the ocean. I am looking for employment in the area close to chillian. I have a back ground in telecommunications, transportation/ logistics and management in the oilfield.

I am from Pakistan and want to move to chile with my mom. can you please guide me.

Regards,

I am 61 y.o., now living in San Francisco, CA, USA.  I'm interested in visiting Chile and eventually in permanently settling there.  I'm attracted to Chile's vast areas of natural beauty.  I am particularly interested in the medicinal boldo tree, its cultivation, and the harvesting and production of boldo tea. 

Please help me with any information on programs that would assist me in relocating to the central region of Chile.  This may include any agricultural or horticultural programs aimed at the preservation of endemic Chilean floral and fauna species.  I am also interested in promoting and advocating for the rights and well-being of the native population.  One possible start is by enrolling in a Spanish class in Santiago and applying for a student visa. Any ideas are greatly welcomed.

hello chile ,

its wonderful moment for me to meet peoples who love chile same as i love it , my name is Ibrahim , from Egypt , living abroad for  years now and all this past years i was looking for good country to settle down and live the happiness and finally find what i was looking for chile , im planning to move end of 2018  to chile to work and live and make my own business and family

Hi Marco,

My Name is Pooja . Currently living in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Its good to know,that you exploring many places. Currently i'm interested to immigrate to Chile. Can you help me in this case?

Kindly let me know.

Thanks
Pooja

Hi Rocky,

I found you from Expat Group,Currently living in Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia. Looking for Job in Canada. i saw in expat group that you already living there. Can you suggest me or help me in any manner to get job there. Thanks

Pooja

Hi Pooja,

Hows everything going ?
In which field you are looking for a job ?
You want to move to Canada or you have a residence permit of Canada looking for Job?

Hello, my name is Mark and I'm looking to move to Chile next year after I save more money. I'm practicing Spanish on my own. I want to connect with people around the world; there's not anyone around I can do that with. I want to learn about different places, and hopefully eventually be financially independent and traveling around the world! I'm in the Rocky Mountains.

Hie I am Anuj kumar an Indian national working as seaman in a multinational shipping company based in Hong Kong.
I would like to ask you if I am eligible for migration to Chile and if yes how to go about it.
I have 12 years of work experience as deck officer on board ships.
Thank you.

Good morning! 

I'm looking to head to South America for some short term work in January. I am I Health care, speak a small amount of Spanish. I'm open to other locations....looking for leads. Thank you

Hi I'm Antony, how you doing people? Regards for everybody.

Hi,

I am Kevin from Colombo,Sri-Lanka living in Doha, Qatar. I am planning to move Santiago-Chile and would like to meet any Sri-Lankan  (families / friends /students ) who have been living in Santiago-Chile.

I need some information and guidance.

Thanks

Hey y'all!

My name's Holly! I studied abroad in Valparaiso, Chile in 2015! I lived with a host family for 10 months and absolutely LOVED the city. I am trying to work and live in Valparaiso starting this November or December but I am having difficulties figuring out how to get a job in Valparaiso. My original plan was to travel to Chile on a tourism visa, find a job, get hired, and switch to a temporary resident visa but I learned that it isn't that easy.

Does anyone have any tips/tricks or recommendations for living and working in Valparaiso? I am interested in finding a teaching job but I could be interested in other jobs as well. I am able to communicate in Spanish and English with ease which should help me find a job.

Thank you! Looking forward to meeting you all!

Hola forumites, we have been living near Puerto Varas on the way to Ensenada, for almost 5 years
and just love it here! Super people, tranquilo and beautiful.
We are currently developing our terreno and are beginning the plans for a house and workshop.
16 fruit trees and blueberries have been planted, as well as 55 native trees so far, many more to plant.
It will be nice to meet or converse with you!
Saludos,
Gregorio y Wendita

Hi,
I am a Pakistani designer. Lived in Dubai for 12 years now back to Pakistan. I am looking forward to move to Chile as i feel its a wonderful country. Looking forward for someone who can help me out settling there. I heard about the professional visa which one can have validating the professional degree... But maybe it also need job offer and not necessary a contract.

Hi Sir

I am Vijay Pujari from India.

I would like to move to Chile.

How can you help me in this process.

I am planning next year i.e. 2019.

regards

VJ

Good day everyone.

My name is Pieter, I'm 62 years of age from Pretoria in South Africa (SA) and I have just now joined this forum.

Still living in SA, but plan to move to Chili as soon as possible.

Things are getting worse by the day in SA. Human life became worthless under the current government, in particular as far as my culture group is concerned.

I've been working all my live in the Petrochemical industry and registered my own consulting and inspection (welding & fabrication) company earlier this year.
I am in the process of selling all my belongings in order to move out of here while still possible.

My humble opinion is that I still have a lot to offer to the industry and wish to do so for Chili, if been given the opportunity, which I'm prepared to make my new home.

Any advice concerning relocation to Chili and finding one's feet on arrival there, would be highly appreciated.   

I'm prepared to provide my personal email address if required, but are not sure whether this forum allows it.

I would be happy to hear from anybody already living in Chili as well as fellow South Africans who are planning to move to Chili.

Kind regards.

Pieter.

Pieter,  I hope you can make it out OK and find a new life where you and your skills are valued by society.  Certainly there are many countries in South America that should be hospitable - especially if you learn the language, Spanish is the most prevalent one spoken.

If you send a message to any other user (by clicking on the user's name, then clicking on "Send a message") you can include personal information - but it's best not to post it in this open forum.

By the way "Chili" is a food, derived from a native Nahuatl word for peppers - the country is "Chile."  Although in Spanish "chile" also means a pepper...

You may want to see what jobs are available there using these links:

https://www.laborum.cl/empleos-chile.htmlhttps://www.indeed.cl/Empleos-en-Santia … ropolitanahttps://www.computrabajo.cl/ofertas-de-trabajo/https://www.trabajando.cl/http://noticias.universia.es/empleo/not … chile.html

Hello to All,

I will be arriving in Chile along with my brother and hope to meet not just Chileans but people from other countries... Hablamos el Espanol and some Tagalog.

Please feel free to send me a contract request and I will be happy to add you, Thanks,

Jose Miguel

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=829910

Thanks!

Closed