New members of the Bulgaria forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Sunwise, there are probably more sunny days in Plovdiv than in Byala. But no coastline. Just Maritza.
Regarding snowboarding - that is not possible in Plovdiv. The nearest locations are probably Chepelare and Pamporovo. Though some smaller places could be closer.
Cars - if more than one there are basically two options - hiring s.o. to drive the cars to Bulgaria or load the cars to a truck. Same applies for your dogs, and then you can register the beasts here. The cars will be somewhat dependent on Brexit, but just in case this happens you can reregister here. All the rest is standard - Technical inspection sertificate, Third party liability insurance and a road vignette.
English speaking solicitors are not hard to find, you will rather need an english speaking real estate agent before that. It will be a good approach to first select the location and then find a local real estate agent + solicitor.

Hi!

I am Elias from Stockholm, Sweden.
I have been studying Russian for many years and I'm interested in learning Bulgarian. Since the most, that I've been doing have been up in the Northernmost states  (Sweden and Finland and northern part of Russia), I wanted to explore more of southern Europe, so I went to Hungary last year and lived for a couple of months in the beautiful city of Szeged. But now something inside me "told" me to go to Bulgaria, to discover the beautiful culture, the cost, Sofia but especially the city of Ruse who has a bridge over to the town of Giurgiu in Romania. How fascinating it would be to live in a city with only a bridge to another country and a town of that country! In that way you could discover both the Romanian and the Bulgarian culture by just living in one city! I  plan to move there in may. At least for a couple of months. So right now Im looking for any contact there and a cheap apartment for around 200€ a months.

Hi!

I am Elias from Stockholm, Sweden.
I have been studying Russian for many years and I'm interested in learning Bulgarian. Since the most, that I've been doing have been up in the Northernmost states  (Sweden and Finland and northern part of Russia), I wanted to explore more of southern Europe, so I went to Hungary last year and lived for a couple of months in the beautiful city of Szeged. But now something inside me "told" me to go to Bulgaria, to discover the beautiful culture, the cost, Sofia but especially the city of Ruse who has a bridge over to the town of Giurgiu in Romania. How fascinating it would be to live in a city with only a bridge to another country and a town of that country! In that way you could discover both the Romanian and the Bulgarian culture by just living in one city! I  plan to move there in may. At least for a couple of months. So right now Im looking for any contact there and a cheap apartment for around 200€ a months.

Hi all,

First post so intro first.....my name is Ty and I am from London. I have owned a property on BG since 2003 in south east region.

Looking forward to swapping tips and advice on this forum. Have been a member of MyBulgaria forum since 2006 but as most of you are probably aware that forum is not what it was a few years ago.

Ty.

Shell657, I used to import cars from the UK and I still use the guys service but from Belgium which is pretty close. So I would suggest when you get a rate for yours, drop me a line so I can see if I can get you a better one from those people. At least I know they're legit.

thanks for the reply... i will be coming out to Bulgaria to look at properties march/april and have found three agents were the have either several or one/two houses i would like to view. I understand Plovdiv is about two hours from Bansko where i have been several times and ive been to sunnny beach once and Byala is not too far away. At the moment as you point out i am waiting on this whole Brexit issue to resolve first as i know it will impact either my options and possibly the £ to euro...

kgbs wrote:

Shell657, I used to import cars from the UK and I still use the guys service but from Belgium which is pretty close. So I would suggest when you get a rate for yours, drop me a line so I can see if I can get you a better one from those people. At least I know they're legit.

thanks kgbs - will do on the cars when i work the logistics might look at a shipping container and drive over in the landrover with the dogs over several days but also looking at company who transport... they are all a bit big for a cage on a plane tbh

kgbs wrote:

thanks kgbs - will do on the cars when i work the logistics might look at a shipping container and drive over in the landrover with the dogs over several days but also looking at company who transport... they are all a bit big for a cage on a plane tbh

Hi Elias,

Congrats on your choice - Russe is probably the best place for what you've planned. Alternative options are Vidin and Silistra, with a bridge in Vidin and road connection in Silistra. You can even consider living in Pleven or Dobritch, but really Russe is the best choice. All the rest are relatively far from Romania's capital.

200 EUR should be more than enough for a small apartment but it still depends on the level of furniture and neighbourhood. It is a good idea to select sth. in the center of the city.

I have an employee from Russe so if necessary I can assisst with a contact of some real estate agency.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=829882

Thanks!

Closed