The best apps for expats in Oman

Hello,

We invite you to share information regarding some of the apps that have helped to facilitate your move abroad in Oman. This will help expats-to-be who are making the move as well.

Which apps did you use while preparing your move to Oman?

What apps do you use the most for your everyday life in Oman: whether it's for transport, managing finances, general information, learning the language of your host country, leisure activities, etc.?

How does this technology help you in your everyday life as an expat?

Which apps would you recommend to expatriates in Oman and why?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

ooredoo talk, ooredoo, renna talk, my rennaa

Dear Priscilla,

Thanks for your concern about expats-to-be guys, you really spare no efforts to help us all.

I am afraid my case shall not be a general road map for your question since I came to work with a friend of mine.

God bless.

1. Google maps. But few taxi drivers have informed that they find 'Here we go' more useful.

2. Bank app
3. Omantel
4. Recently they have started app for taxi. Have not used it myself
5. Vox cinemas for movies
6. App named 'Newspapers' . They cover key oman newspapers.
7. Air tickets booking app.

Hi Priscilla

Marhaba app is what they use for Taxi..the rest i have not use it..

Waze app for navigation which is more helpful than google map as turn by turn navigation is disabled in Oman.

Otaxi is a very good app for the Orange taxis and is the cheapest option for taxi in Muscat. Its a new App and not many people know about it.

Karam86 wrote:

... google map as turn by turn navigation is disabled in Oman.

So this is the reason! I have been wondering why my Google Map is no longer giving the turn by turn navigation - I ended up using it in preview mode instead. Good God it's distracting.

Folks, what's my next best option after Google Map? Waze? Would Google Map work normally with VPN?

I am sure that google map will work with vpn .Waze can be a quite good alternative until u get used to Oman roads . Thereafter, there will not be much use Of navigation apps especially if u live in Muscat.

Here we go app for offline navigation.
Mostly famous places one can search without internet. With internet all places can be navigated.