The best apps for expats in New Zealand

Hello,

We invite you to share information regarding some of the apps that have helped to facilitate your move abroad in New Zealand. This will help expats-to-be who are making the move as well.

Which apps did you use while preparing your move to New Zealand?

What apps do you use the most for your everyday life in New Zealand: whether it's for transport, managing finances, general information, learning the language of your host country, leisure activities, etc.?

How does this technology help you in your everyday life as an expat?

Which apps would you recommend to expatriates in New Zealand and why?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Whilst here Trademe, AT Metro in Auckland, Google maps

Hi

In my limited experience the best apps are

Trade me.. Kiwis love to trade second hand and I have only had positive experiences in buying second hand items for example, board games, trampoline and a vespa scooter.

Trade me property... all properties are logged in the app, easy to find accommodation, we rented and later bought our house through this app.

Meet up.... could also be valuable in meeting like minded people with shared interests , for example if you like trial running or kayaking there is a social group that you could join in your area, pretty cool huh. invaluable when you truly want to integrate into society and make Kiwi and international friends.

regards

Muriel

AT Journey planner to plan your trip via bus/train/ferry. AT Park for parking in the city. Uber for taxi and Uber Eats for ordering food. Seek for finding jobs. Gaspy for NZ fuel prices.

While a few are already mentioned, I would add a few.

1-   Heremaps - Free maps overall NZ (Don't need internet data) with multiple route options.

2- Trademe (For anything reliable ofcourse)

3-  Campabell - Information on all the country's camping zones and camp site with or without facilities.

4-   Meet up - For socializing and group travels.

Oh forgot...MapMyrun and Wildthings if you like running. BBC Sport if you like to keep abreast of most sports especially EPL.

Thank you, Your topic is very useful!