The best apps for expats in Hungary

Hello,

We invite you to share information regarding some of the apps that have helped to facilitate your move abroad in Hungary. This will help expats-to-be who are making the move as well.

Which apps did you use while preparing your move to Hungary?

What apps do you use the most for your everyday life in Hungary: whether it's for transport, managing finances, general information, learning the language of your host country, leisure activities, etc.?

How does this technology help you in your everyday life as an expat?

Which apps would you recommend to expatriates in Hungary and why?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

I find google maps and google translate very useful to me and of course sat nav. I have also downloaded a variety of language apps from time to time.
I also fly a lot so use ryanair, jet2 and wizz air regularly.  And skyscanner for holiday dreaming.
Unfortunately I can't expand the memory on my phone sufficiently so I often have to delete to make space.

Duolingo is quite good for language training.  I've been learning Hungarian from it on and off for quite a while.  One of the Fluffyettes has been learning Spanish and she's really doing well with it.

Hi All,
Here're the apps that I found useful

1- InterNations - Meeting new people, joining fun events (dinners, tours, sports....etc.)
2- TripAdvisor - Nice app to find interesting places in the country, with reviews that help what to expect
3- Google Maps - For sure, driving, walking and also public transportation guiding
4- Waze - Navigation showing speed limits, radars, accidents, police.