The best apps for expats in Brazil

Hello,

We invite you to share information regarding some of the apps that have helped to facilitate your move abroad in Brazil. This will help expats-to-be who are making the move as well.

Which apps did you use while preparing your move to Brazil?

What apps do you use the most for your everyday life in Brazil: whether it's for transport, managing finances, general information, learning the language of your host country, leisure activities, etc.?

How does this technology help you in your everyday life as an expat?

Which apps would you recommend to expatriates in Brazil and why?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

WhatsApp, Facetime, GoogleChat, Skype, and my private banking account apps, translation English, Portuguese, French, Arabic, Spanish.

I'm all Android, all the time, so can't vouch for Apple availability:
-WhatsApp first & foremost, for staying in touch with friends & family in Brazil, the US, and Australia;
-VidaLingua Portuguese-English Dictionary +, for quick lookups, with or without Internet
-Business Calendar for scheduling - versatile, and has Brazilian holidays available
- Fing, with Fingbox, for home network security
-Private Internet Access, for VPN security for all phones and computers
-Army Knife for Android - 10 applets in one; I use the Unit Converter several times a day
- WiFi Analyzer, for determining signal strength and channel in a flash
- Amazon Music, with Amazon Prime:  my music with me, everywhere
- Shazam - works remarkably well in Brazil
- Evernote - because I use it everywhere, for everything
- Banco do Brasil - a surprisingly versatile app, that seems to have good security.
If an app I use a lot - like these - has a pay version, I pay it.  No ads, and the developer of something truly useful deserves to be compensated.

*My number one app to stay in touch with family and friends is whatsapp
* While travelling to other cities I use Airbnd for accommodation purposes.
* For me TIM is one of the best service provider for their economical internet and call  plans.
Caixa Econômico hence it's very accessible  all over Brazil.
Currency converter this app is the bomb since the currency keeps fluctuating this app is always on the go.
NB: Android user

WhatsApp & Waze

I seldom carry my phone. The only app I use is Waze to help get around. My wife put whats app on my phone but I seldom use it.

Jim

map.me (offline map)
Uber (cheapest taxi option)
WhatsApp (everyone in Brazil uses this to communicate & I use it to keep in touch with friends back home)
PeixeUrbano (Brazilian Groupon for deals)
Shazam (to identify new music I hear when I'm out and about)
LyricsTraining (to study Portuguese with music)
Duolingo (to study Portuguese)

*maps.me

I am finding Uber is critical as well as Whatsapp