Seeking informatiion

I am new on this site and wanted if anybody who reads this can help me.

My husband and I recently moved to Amman from London and we are trying to live and adjust. He is Jordanian American and I am British. He lived most of his life in the USA therefore his knowledge of Amman is not up to date.

My question is where to look for jobs in Amman? I am fluent in both languages (Arabic and English). It seems that jobs are for natives only and anybody from abroad are excluded.

Also does Amman have on-line yellow pages for all services? otherwise how do we find what, where?

Thanks.

Hello and welcome !!! I also moved recently to Amman from Romania and it seems is hard to find a job here (unfortunately, I don't speak Arabic, but my English is very good). I keep trying, I've posted ads on this site and other sites for expats, so... don't give up and if you succeed share your experience !!! Good luck !!

hello,welcome to jordan
if you are looking for a job here i think you should check (bayt.com)jobs site,you can upload your cv there and the employee will contact you and you can check the jobs ads there.
the jordanian yellow pages site is http://www.yellowpages.com.jo/
i hope it will be helpful,good luck :)

Thanks Danik2010 for sharing your experience.  I have applied to most websites that offer jobs in Jordan (Amman) and that includes Bayt.com. If I am successful with anything ofcourse I will share my experience to help others who are in the same boat as me.
thanks Amro for your comments also and for sending me yellow pages web link.

hmmmm , at the rate the economy is going don't expect to hit the ground running, it depends on your qualifications and past experience as you are in a country where 90% of the people have acquired higher education, if you have finished browsing the websites try contacting the British counsel they might help you in the matter, also if you have some special trait or handy skill you can put it to good use in Amman as the people there are heavy consumers, an internatinal school might also be intrested in hiring an english native speaker, dont really have any gold contacts but hope it helps

Is there anyone on here, expatriate or local, who has moved to Amman and is self employed? If yes, what kinds of things do ou do?

hello every body...
u can read daily many job ads in local newspaper , specially Alra'i newspaper in Sunday and Monday... u can get ads in arabic and english..
of course every things depends on your qualifications and experience