Greeting from Singapore

Hi,

I'm Joyce, currently live in Singapore.
Hope to meet more friends here and get/exchange some abroad information from expats here.
Will be happy to meet you guys!

hi joyce, I would be nice if we can catch up for coffee/drinks sometime, let's arrange something. You can txt me at 82694488.

Cheers,

Hi Joyce,

Welcome to Expat.com!

A particular number of posts on this forum would enable you to use PM. Rest assured, you would meet some fellow expats that would increase your network here

Cheers

What kind of information you are seeking ? :blink:

genadyc wrote:

What kind of information you are seeking ? :blink:

Hi, i hope expats here and share their abroad experience.
How you abroad to Singapore? Found a job before move to Singapore or.......?

Myself and most of my friends found a job first and then moved . Lots of ways to find a job abroad. Some of people moving to the country and then looking for a job. I guess it depends where do you want to move and what is your profession.
For example if person is a nurse it won't be no problem to find a job almost anywhere in Europe . But almost no chances in asia .
And if somebody working as a psychologist it would be quite hard to find job anyway abroad :)
Of course all above IMHO.

genadyc wrote:

Myself and most of my friends found a job first and then moved . Lots of ways to find a job abroad. Some of people moving to the country and then looking for a job. I guess it depends where do you want to move and what is your profession.
For example if person is a nurse it won't be no problem to find a job almost anywhere in Europe . But almost no chances in asia .
And if somebody working as a psychologist it would be quite hard to find job anyway abroad :)
Of course all above IMHO.

DO you think is it possible for a European who is not high qualification to get a job in Asia? or an asian get a job in Europe who doesn't have a high qualification?
My opinion is...possible, but very hard to get unless very lucky.

Are you asking for yourself or your long distant friend? JW

joycetan wrote:

DO you think is it possible for a European who is not high qualification to get a job in Asia? or an asian get a job in Europe who doesn't have a high qualification?

Possible but hard. With no high qualification the language teacher is always good and real option.

JWilliamson wrote:

Are you asking for yourself or your long distant friend? JW

Both. Do you have any info to share? Thank you :)

Well, a lot depends on the manpower requirement in a particular domain as with the specific skill sets and experience gained by the job seeker.

Good luck to you and your friend :)

genadyc wrote:
joycetan wrote:

Possible but hard. With no high qualification the language teacher is always good and real option.

Thanks for the idea given. What about if  a person who can speak many languages, but don't have the cert.? May i know what do you do in Singapore?

how do u find about sg joyce?

SIng1 wrote:

Well, a lot depends on the manpower requirement in a particular domain as with the specific skill sets and experience gained by the job seeker.

Good luck to you and your friend :)

Thanks you :)

joycetan wrote:

Thanks for the idea given. What about if  a person who can speak many languages, but don't have the cert.? May i know hat do you do in Singapore?

What i would do if were your friend. Its just taking list of language school in singapore . Checking which of them teaching the languges I can speak as good as mother tongue and enquire those schools for open position or just sending my resume with an apropriate message.
I think if the person has no relevant qualifications it would be slightly easier to search the job when already in the country.
In this case a job seeker can use his own charm during face to face interview. And personal impression sometimes means much more than qualifications.
One friend of mine was travelling around the world more that 4 years. Everytime he was getting some temporary job in one of the places he was traveling. Usually it was some sort of teaching , sometimes sales , sometimes just labor job.