Thai visa for US citizen crossing the border on land.

I am in Cambodia for 1 year, will cross into Thailand by land. Most places say that I can only get a 15 day stamp. I also found places that say that with a US passport I can get 30 days stamp even if entering by land. Does anyone know if that is accurate ? Thank you.

Hello.

Thai Immigration has changed the rules:

30 days on arrival by air
15 days on arrival by land

But you can do as many times as you want, the previous maximum of 90 days has been cancelled.

Cheers

Joe
Cambodia expat-advisor
Expat.com team

I would like to add that there is always the possibility to obtain a tourist visa at the Thai embassy in Phnom Penh. That one can be extended in Bangkok, see here copied from Thai Embassy:

If you enter Thailand via land border, you will be stamped a 15-day permission of stay as a tourist in the immigration post, after which you will have to exit the country again on or before the expiration of your permission of stay. However, the tourist visa can also be extended if you wish or need to stay longer in Thailand. You will have to file an application for an extension of stay at the Office of Immigration Bureau located at Soi Suan Plu, off South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120 , Tel (662) 287-3101-10.

Cheers

Joe