Family Visa

Hi Everyone,

I am new here, and hope someone could help me out and answer my queries. My husband got employed and now working in KSA as Junior Service Representative. We planned for me to move in there (KSA, Riyadh) after some months from now. Atleast enough time to make him at ease there. Currently, i'm here in Philippines and working. I have read some articles that spouse visa is just limited to those expat depending on the profession and salary in the residency permit holder. Could anyone give me insights on this? Is it still possible for my husband to get me and let me live in Riyadh with him?

Thanks in advance for those who could answer me.

Daidai23 wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I am new here, and hope someone could help me out and answer my queries. My husband got employed and now working in KSA as Junior Service Representative. We planned for me to move in there (KSA, Riyadh) after some months from now. Atleast enough time to make him at ease there. Currently, i'm here in Philippines and working. I have read some articles that spouse visa is just limited to those expat depending on the profession and salary in the residency permit holder. Could anyone give me insights on this? Is it still possible for my husband to get me and let me live in Riyadh with him?

Thanks in advance for those who could answer me.

Yes it is true! Not all expats are entitled to family sponsorship in the Kingdom. If your husband's job is within the accepted occupation for dependent sponsorship, then surely you are able to join him as dependent. If not, it is the opposite. By the way, there is a new expatriate dependent levy fee in the Kingdom that the sponsor has to pay 200SR/ month for this year for each dependent then 300SR/month for next year and 400SR/month on 2020. In your case, your sponsor is your husband.

However, there is another way to  unite with your husband in the Kingdom without paying the levy. You have to come to the Kingdom as an expat not as dependent. In that case, you have to apply for a job and work in KSA so your employer shoulder your expat levy.

Hi @seeker of truth,

Thanks for your reply. Though some part made me sad. However, we will just try our luck to look for a job in KSA so i could enter as expat and not his dependent. Though there's a very slight possibility on that since women are not mostly in demand in the country. well, except if your are registered nurse or any related work on medical field...

Thanks again.. :)

You're very welcome! And Good luck!