Forming a S.P.C (Single person company) to acquire a work VISA

Hi All,

I have contacted a lawyer about establishing a S.P.C (Single person company) in order to get a VISA. I am told this will allow me to be hired by another company to work on the side. They are asking $1,600, minus official costs.

Has anyone gone this route and what was your experience?

On a side note I am trying to move and work there to be closer to my family/kids. If anyone knows of an easier way than starting a S.P.C. please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

You can make everything by yourself
But if you have cpr it will be easier otherwise you will need lawyer

Do they need you college transcripts?

See this sticky:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=739858

Thanks!

good day,

you an go along the investor visa route, with should be quite expensive in fees and you have to have a capital of BD 50k to start the company, or close to BD 20k if you manage to have a local partner ( i dont advice you do this, yet its an option ).

or you can ask your spouse sponsoring company to apply for family visa for you, you could offer to over the costs yourself if they are no so much into it .

or you can have any company temporarily employ you, then terminate your visa, and you later apply for flexivisa - the best legal option  available nowdays, you get to stay or work with no restrictions whatsoever - apart form the normal work visa. for clarification, this is perfectly legal.

take a look at the official page for more details,

http://lmra.bh/portal/en/page/show/325

good luck

raoof

Raoofhujairi wrote:

good day,

you an go along the investor visa route, with should be quite expensive in fees and you have to have a capital of BD 50k to start the company, or close to BD 20k if you manage to have a local partner ( i dont advice you do this, yet its an option ).

or you can ask your spouse sponsoring company to apply for family visa for you, you could offer to over the costs yourself if they are no so much into it .

or you can have any company temporarily employ you, then terminate your visa, and you later apply for flexivisa - the best legal option  available nowdays, you get to stay or work with no restrictions whatsoever - apart form the normal work visa. for clarification, this is perfectly legal.

take a look at the official page for more details,

http://lmra.bh/portal/en/page/show/325

good luck

raoof

This used to be the case but no longer.  The information above is outdated.

The capital requirements no longer apply in most cases of WLL/SPC. And local partner is only required for certain types of activities; mostly trading etc. Please see the sticky in the forum for latest requirements.

As an example, I have helped set up a WLL with 1000 BD capital with management consultancy activity last month.  The cost in addition to that is for office rental.

Secondly flexi permits are not applicable for all people. These are mostly blue collar specific. Even if you cancel visa, you may not be applicable for one depending on the profession you entered the Kingdom on.

true at most, but not entirely :)

if you have been in Bahrain for long enough, you would know how things happen, right ?!

the effort of forming a company is almost 3-4 times the effort of providing employment vsa,
let along the cost and effort involved in maintaining the "active" status of the company to keep the visa itself active ! with reference to the constant monitoring and routing checkups from the LMRA, ministry of works,etc ..

for the flexivisa, the person posting the question must dig up the "details" of the procedure before taking any option. his first work visa /occupation must be selected in light of his next move, the flexivisa.

br,

raoof

Yep but I was referring to the fact that the capital required is no longer that high.  20 or 50k BD would mean that setting up a company for visa purposes is useless. But a 1000 BD is workable (mind you, you can open with lower capital too).

The running costs generally are:

Virtual office 1200 BD a year (inspections are not your headache in this case)
Audited financials 200-300 BD a year depending on different factors
CR renewal around 100 plus another 100 or so per activity
LMRA Monthly fee of 5 BD per investor visa

So let's say running costs for one investor would be 1500 - 1800 BD a year. This also allows each investor to sponsor family members and domestic staff. If you have two investors and a WLL company, the costs halve.

The biggest problem of the flexi permit are:

1) You cannot sponsor dependents so some other solution must be found for family members
2) If you enter the kingdom on a profession eligible for a flexi permit and get one; you will have issues in getting visa on arrival for rest of GCC and Saudi will be out of reach almost