Affordable towns near Dublin?

Hello,

We are a family with UK/US dual citizenship, looking for affordable, non-judgmental, welcoming, fun little towns with people of all ages within 20-30 minutes driving or public transport to the Blanchardstown area of Dublin.

We are ages 26-55 with dogs. We'd would love to rely on public transport if possible but may bring our cars with us.

This will be a permanent move so we are looking to settle in, make friends, get involved and live a happy life.

Any ideas?
Thanks!

Hi and Welcome to the Forum Katadina :)

Just to touch on the point of might bring the cars with you, I would not bother. It's an expensive process and as they are left-hand drive, they will be problematic to sell on when you decide to exchange cars at a later date. Insurance also tends to be more for such cars. I would sell them in the US and buy when you arrive in Ireland.

I hope that helps.

SimCityAT
Expat.com Expert Team

Unfortunately the cars are financed here and we still owe quite a bit of money on them. Was hoping to get them refinanced in the UK and try to keep it simple, but you make valid points. Thank you, thats very helpful.