Cheap housing between 300-500usd

where an i find cheap clean housing for around 300-500 usd

Where in Vietnam??

where would you suggest? i have 3 yr old daughter we lived in phils 5 yrs
somewhere close to the ocean

I could be wrong, but I seriously doubt you will find any housing that cheap here in Vietnam ... $3000 - 5000 maybe without electric or running water.

If you rent a place to live for 300-500 USD/month, that is possible.

crag wrote:

where would you suggest? i have 3 yr old daughter we lived in phils 5 yrs
somewhere close to the ocean

VIetnam has a long coastline. From north to south there are many coastal cities/towns where you can find good housing for $400-$600 a month.
Popular ones are Da Nang, Nha Trang and Vung Tau, especially for those with family.

Oh, sorry! Yes Khuyen T is right, you can easily find a rental property at that price just about anywhere. I thought you were talking about buying. If you have a Vietnamese friend who can help you out, it will be much smoother. You should be prepared to put down a two-month deposit - standard deposit in Vietnam.

yes im not looking to spend $$$$ on housing there is really no need in it but im a practical man Ret.US Military single father

as for ladies not intrested in bar girls so what good age an insite on looking for a GOOD lady children dont matter as long as she is good

crag wrote:

as for ladies not intrested in bar girls so what good age an insite on looking for a GOOD lady children dont matter as long as she is good

Stand by for incoming! Quite a few single Vn ladies read this website 😀

Nigerian gentleman wanting to gift her....or USA actual retired miltary lol

Don't worry the ladies will come to you. You just have to do the screening.

eodmatt wrote:
crag wrote:

Stand by for incoming! Quite a few single Vn ladies read this website 😀

I am not sure you are looking an accommodation or  looking nice lady's.......
😃😃😃😃

of course both..

good morning
Depending on where you want live and what type of place you want ( apt,, house, townhouse ). I live in Hoi An, in the countryside. Have a beautiful 2br. 3ba fully furnished home and pay about $375usd. Let me know if you need help. Email [email protected].

There you go....
Ron

$300 - $500, no problem, but like drutter said, get a Vietnamese friend to help you out. I live in District 7 at the opposite end of Nguyen Thi Thap from the expat (overpriced) apartment complexes, and pay ~$325 for a full two bedroom house. Two floors, two balconies, and two bathrooms. Unfurnished, so had to lay down a couple of grand to get set up (comfortably).
But, I did have the tremendous benefit of having a local friend who did the scouting for me.
Good luck on your move.
Best,
Aidan

Good post but maybe in does not want to live in HCMC or in a city at all. I have lived in HCM. Da Nang. Nha Trang and finally settled in the countryside of Hoi An. Things are different depending on what you want and where you want it......

I have noticed a few ads for rental properties that are unfurnished...
Is this going to be a common occurrence as having to furnish a place is going to be expensive and what if you decide to move and the new property is furnished?

Again I will say that it all depends on where you want to live and what type of housing you want.... if I can help contact me. [email protected]

michaellieptourists wrote:

I have noticed a few ads for rental properties that are unfurnished...
Is this going to be a common occurrence as having to furnish a place is going to be expensive and what if you decide to move and the new property is furnished?

Just rent unfurnished, there are many unfurnished properties for rent or stick to fully furnished...problem solved.

Personally if you want quiet and clean air. the ocean and good people. you need to think about Hoi An. I have been living in Vietnam for 5 years and in Hoi An for 4 of those years. Its just a recommendation... housing is cheap for a fully furnished house with a garden and yard. Safe neighborhoods and friendly people.

I have an apartment in Da Nang and pay about 250 a month. Its big and has a terrace.

Hoi An or Da Nang are close to each other but very different

If you start there you could find what you want.

As for the ladies. They are mainly conservative and will want you to show them you are serious.

Get an apartment then find the lady. Once you have a place to live they will know you are serious. Not just a sex vacationer.

Serious is more important to most VN girls than money. Though as with anywhere ... money helps.

I have very little money but I found a gorgeous lady that I am marrying.

Vietnamcupid is the best place. It has a lot of spammers and nonsense. But if you look between that there are genuinely beautuful lovely loving ladies.

Remember to treat them nicely. The best women in the World.

Best of luck

I've had the best laugh of the day! How right you are!

Yes please. I need help finding a place like the one you describe, for the price!

There you go!   ..a match made in (Hoi An..?)     :kiss:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Great to be talking to another Ozzie! I'm from Melbourne.

Although I was born there, I escaped yonks ago...    :joking:

$500 per month will get a good house in Vung Tau by the Ocean. I had a 4 story 4 bedroom house large kitchen. Room for 10 motorbikes in the entrance which was meant for a car.

Any more places like that around, that you know of?

Get someone to check the VN classifieds for you. Houses at that price near the beach are rare, but sometimes they do come up. It depends how far from the beach it was.

Classifieds and estate agents tend to be dearer. Word of mouth usually unearths reasonable housing. When I said near the Ocean I mean a block or two. Or 5 minutes walk.As Vung Tau is a Seaside town.

Sappergeorge wrote:

Classifieds and estate agents tend to be dearer. Word of mouth usually unearths reasonable housing. When I said near the Ocean I mean a block or two. Or 5 minutes walk.As Vung Tau is a Seaside town.

Correct. But most people dont know someone when they first arrive, so they have to rely on agents. I have been finding houses for expats in VT for 5 years.

Aidan in HCMC wrote:

... I live in District 7 at the opposite end of Nguyen Thi Thap from the expat (overpriced) apartment complexes, and pay ~$325 for a full two bedroom house. Two floors, two balconies, and two bathrooms. Unfurnished, so had to lay down a couple of grand to get set up (comfortably).
Aidan

That's a great deal, thanks for sharing the data point. I will probably need to find a house in District 7 soon. Hopefully I can find some thing similar.

Hi. Im from Melbourne and considering the move to Vung Tau
Is there any fully furnished housing available to rent on the front beach area of Vung Tau.
Moving there early April.
At what price range are you expected to pay for a clean safe quiet appartment .
If you can help it would be most appreciated.
Cheers
Rick

Moderated by Chris 6 years ago
Reason : Please post your advert in the Housing section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Fooyuhcheng wrote:

This shows that the house near the  beach for 10 million(440usd)was a bargain.

Crag...

CHEAP housing starts at 100usd a month.. where do you plan to live?

T

Most people would probably not pay 2 months rent and sign a possible 1 or 2 year contract on arriving. Take your time. Get to know the place and the people

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please refer to the housing section.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct