Meet expats in Luang Prabang

Hello
Traveling back to LP in late February for 8 days.  I would like to meet and hear about possibilities for me being in LP for longer periods (perhaps months, years), learning Laos and maybe using a TESOL skill.

I was just there in late December and liked it more than all other places I have visited in SE Asia. Sure many tourists (and I kind of dislike tourists) but tourists also offer opportunity, connection and strength to the local economy (usually).

I live in Portland, Oregon, have a well paying job, enough dough in bank where I need not earn money if I move to LP or similar.

I would offer to buy lunch or dinner but that might not be much of a incentive given great cheap grub via vendors.  Maybe I could bring something from USA that you miss?

Let me know.
Thank you.

Hi Bruce and welcome to the forum.

I suggest that you get a TESOL qualification as there can often be that type of work available for expats in LP. Try this website www.americantesol.com  There is a French international school the as well as another but they require a degree for teachers.

Lao is not an easy language to learn but perseverance will find you getting by.

Thanks. 
"stumpy' offers up all sorts of imaginations  :)
Certainly nice to meet you
regards