Mechanics and financial aspects of running a riad for business

I am considering moving to Morocco to do this business, but before that, as with any business before I commit 100% to it, I need to realize a business plan that includes a financial forecast for the first 3-5 years.

Anyone with deep (intimate) knowledge about the mechanics and financial aspects, pitfalls, hidden/unforseen costs for a first timer, for running a riad with 12-15 rooms that can help me with that?

The priority order would be :
* Marrakesh
* Esauirra
* Fes
* Meknes
* Asilah. 

I like Chefchaouen as well but from what I have seen, turism business is too seasonal (In the winter, not to much business)

Help! Please and thank you!

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Off-Topic
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi diana
I have experience 15 years in tourisme as a manager commercial and reservation responsible .
We can maybe discuss as i'm thinking also to hire a riad in marrakech
Thank you

Hello ,
welcome to our country and we wish you good luck
i have managing many riad in marrakech now  a villa in the palm grove
if you want to run a project here in morroco and you need informations plz contact me in a private message
regards
Jalil.

if you are  considering moving to Morocco to do this business, then you must visit the place first if not done yet and met with an realestate  agent   to see the available Riads .

Then you can find a company in Marrakesh to help   putting a  business plan with all that you need ..

It would be useful  to understand your project in more detail. How many bedrooms still you need? Do you require a pool? What is your approximate budget?

All theses questions should be answer by a financial  consultant with Fees ..

Marrakesh is always nice place  and you will need at  least $1 Millions for 10 ROOMS

Hi,

I am also interested in either renting or buying a riad in Marrakech to run as a guesthouse and also have a million and one questions for someone new to the local customs, rules amd regulations and property market of morroco.

My Morrocan partner and I are looking to invest in this business, where he soeaks the three local languages of French Arabic and English and has much exoerience in hospitality. We are just looking for the right opportunity of a property of about 6-10 bedrooms and how much this might cost to rent for a year or an equal size property to buy. Any informations about the do's and don'ts would be greatly alpreciated. Many thansk fro your advice and help.

I visited your country and just fell in lo e with its rich culture and difference from the western world. Sometimes to be in a world away from the normal home is exciting.

Chefchaouen is a decent city for living and the tourism business is not bad. However, I recommend Marrakesh as the first place to set up this kind of business.
Myself ,I live in Marrakesh and I did alot of research as I lived 6 years before I moved to Canada and now I'm back here again to the beautiful Marrakesh.
You need a local that you trust who speakers a good English, frensh and knows the how things go here.
Cheers

Where would you start your reaearch? Type of client, preferentials of style (Modern/historic), tourism peaks, monthly costs/ taxes the list goes on haha. I think youre right you'd have to live here for a little while. Thank you for your help.