Can I export a 1972 ford car from Ecuador to NY usa?

Is it possible to export a vehicle over 25 years old from ecuador to usa?

Hello,

Here are the US customs regulations for importing a car into the US.  As you can read, and old car like the one you want to ship is hard to meet the specifications.

If you are an American citizen looking to come back to the US with the car as part of your household goods you will be exempt to pay some taxes.

Let me know what you think about it as we can help you with the shipment but we will need to get more technical information about the vehicle and the VIN number to make sure is possible. 

Vinny

Importing a Motor Vehicle

Warning
Imported motor vehicles are subject to safety standards under the Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 1966, revised under the Imported Vehicle Safety Compliance Act of 1988; to bumper standards under the Motor Vehicle Information and Cost Savings Act of 1972, which became effective in 1978; and to air pollution control standards under the Clean Air Act of 1968, as amended in 1977, and 1990.
If vehicles manufactured abroad conform to U.S. safety, bumper, and emission standards, it is because these vehicles are exported for sale in the United States. Therefore, it is unlikely that a vehicle obtained abroad meets all relevant standards. Be skeptical of claims by a foreign dealer or other seller that a vehicle meets these standards or can readily be brought into compliance. Vehicles entering the United States that do not conform with U.S. safety standards must be brought into compliance, exported, or destroyed.

Thanks for your quick response, I will have the Vin number this weekend. I'm a USA naturalized citizen born in Ecuador. I was under the impression if the vehicle was over 25 years old, it does not have to meet pollutions standards. The 1972 bronco was originally build in the USA.

here is the vin #U15GLP50940 these bronco only had 11 digits on the vin #. Thanks again.

For more information about importing said vehicle -- meaning more than Vinny supplied earlier on this thread -- visit the relevant pages at the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) site by googling....

u.s. customs importing classic and antique cars for personal use

-- cccmedia