EP Rejected - Studying in Singapore

I had my EP rejected and reason given was that Mom is not convinced that they are unable to hire locals but my company has already posted on the jobs bank for 2 weeks and interviewed local candidates but still could not find suitable ones. They have done another round of interviews with locals but still could not find suitable ones and plan to appeal for my case. Would there be chance for my appeal to be successful?

They should provide fresh evidence that despite of interviewed locally but couldn't find local candidates with suitable skills for the position. Hope MoM satisfies the rationale provided by your employer. Good luck

Fresh evidence as in explanation on why they rejected local candidates? Yes I really hope the appeal will be successful. I've waited so long for this job and would be disappointed if I need to go through job applications again :(

Hi Surya and beppi pls help I want to know one thing diploma holder can work other sector Thats like restaurant. Whose fin number is lock

In most cases, work passes are only given to people with knowledge or experience in the specific field. Exceptions are possible if there is a shortage of manpower in that field.
What do you mean by "Whose fin number is lock"?

Hi beppi one of my friend told me that more than five time if u apply for s pass,your fin number will lock. Is that true

Gayathriviswa wrote:

Hi beppi one of my friend told me that more than five time if u apply for s pass,your fin number will lock. Is that true

I have never heard of that.
But of course after five rejections you should finally understand that Singapore does not need you - and start looking for jobs elsewhere.

Hi, Beppi。 Is that true the second EP will be rejected if the candidates work for 6 months on her first jobs?

kytan008 wrote:

Hi, Beppi。 Is that true the second EP will be rejected if the candidates work for 6 months on her first jobs?

Wrong.
It can be rejected or accepted based on a number of criteria.

There is no such information is available at MoM website.

But, changing a job after joined for 6 months only, will be considered as job hoppers. So, avoid that. Good luck

Hi, Bippa. Thanks for replying.

I am from Malaysia, a degree holder. Today my second EP pass get rejected after 10 days. HR will update me tmr that the reason behind.  I am quite worried now.

Can you list out the criteria you mentioned?

The criteria are all discussed at length in various threads on this forum. Read and you will know!

Dear Beppi,

Do you think what can I do now? as my hr until now haven't updated me the root cause of being rejected by MOM. They said will contact mom for the root cause and inform me this process takes time. I think it is not good every day keep calling the hr. I heard from my friend saying I should tender my resignation first as I haven't tender, so the EP cannot be approved. Should I tender now? It is so hard to get a job offer in Singapore and now my ep get rejected. I am really miserable now.

Thanks.

Your currently holding an EP has no influence on your approval chances. In fact, it is advisable not to resign before the next EP is approved - otherwise in case of rejection you have no job.

It's basic rule, DO NOT inform your line manager (the employer) to know that you're looking for an opportunity outside of the company.

If you are selected by another employer, then let them apply your work pass and you should inform the existing employer only when your work pass is approved, in order for you to serve notice period.

Any deviation to the above, you ar taking higher risk. Good luck

Note: Your friend may not aware that the new employer can apply work pass, without you inform to your existing employer. There is no influence on your work pass approval process whether you resign or not at your present work.