What do i need to pay my company if resigning before contract ends.

Im adorly, working here in jubail saudi arabia. I started with the same company since July 2012. I renewed my 3rd two years contract back in July 2016 so it will end July 2018. On December 2016 an employee resigned and I was asked to take cover, I initially refuse, but since my Saudi management has a lot of power I reluctantly agreed. As time passed I eventually accept thinking that this will pass and this will become an opportunity to learn more so I can move up. To be honest I can handle the work it's the fact that I feel I should be given a little compensation that's taking me back. However for the past months, the work load continues to pile up and it's just giving me stress. that's why I escalated this to my management to hire a new employee and they did not agreed saying that there is really not a lot work going on.

So I decided to resign, but before I send my notice I need to know if what are things that I have to pay the company if really decided to. This is for me to weigh in if it's really worth it to resign and pay my company what is due or just push it for 6 months until my contract is finished.

Please educate me on the following if I have to pay them or not (base on the Saudi labor law)
1.    Iqama renewal fee (My iqama is renewed on August 2017)
2.    Workers permit/visa (Tried searching but cannot find any)

bump no response

Hi adorlytanglao,

Your topic is quite a recent one , a little more patience please.  :idontagree:

Meanwhile, i would invite you to have a look at the Saudi Arabia forum and to go through the threads, you might already find some interesting information.
You can also check the Living in Saudi Arabia guide, it might help as well.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com team  :cheers:

adorlytanglao wrote:

Please educate me on the following if I have to pay them or not (base on the Saudi labor law)
1.    Iqama renewal fee (My iqama is renewed on August 2017)
2.    Workers permit/visa (Tried searching but cannot find any)

Alright let's play smart here..

1st read your contract well cause if there's a penalty you should be aware of it.

2nd you do NOT have to pay for your Iqama renewal or work permit renewal according to Saudi work laws, but if they have invested in your education/development that's where you may need to pay them back.

3rd if you planning to transfer sponsorship to another firm then its best to wait for 4 months and file a letter (Non Renewal Notice) two months before the end of your contract depending on what's agreed on yours, it is best to state the last work day by the date of contract expiry, take the HR dept signature on your copy.

4th If final exit is your target then you may do this, if the extra work you're covering is not within your work description then just stick to your job description, but if it is then you have to seriously consider point #3 (Non Renewal Notice).

5th do NOT resign you will lose part of your end of service benefits as you forfit your contract.

Hope this help

Double check Article #40

Thank you very much for the response. I feel like you really took the time to gather all information to answer my question. Actually i only the number 2 answer but you went further. I'm not decided yet if i will be resigning, i will be using as a guide if i change my decision. Keep up the good work, keep on answering people's question here.