Moving to corazol

Hi there, I am hoping to be moving to the corazol in the spring.. waiting on selling house,car,etc..I am coming for a visit at the end of January to check things out..I am hoping to maybe connect with some people while I am there to talk about and ask questions about what I will need and find possible rentals etc..thanks - Heather

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Please refer to the housing section and the business directory.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello Heather, My name is Ruth, and I will be moving to Corozal in September 2028. I went down in November to look for a place and I found one. I am in the process of getting evrything ready for my move. Hope I get to meet up with you in Corozal.

Hi Ruth..where did you find a place at..did you book it when you were there? I am hoping to be there by April... depending on house sale etc..I am hoping to scout out aa area when I go visit in a couple of weeks.. hopefully we can meet up when we both get there

Heather. I stayed at the Maya Hotel, I liked it. As a matter of fact. I will be renting from the Land Lady. Her  name is Rosita. Yes I booked it while I was there. So when I return. it will be like going home.

Heather  simple Question, asking as a very happy expat in Belize. Have you been in Belize for any length of time in the past?  Have you lived through a raint season in Belize or the stiffling  heat in May. Selling everything and moving to Belize, or any foreign country you do not know well is a big gamble.
Are you family(if applicable) children and grandchildren all as keen on the idea as you are? 
If you do not know Belize, and the different parts of it , you will be putting all your eggs in one Basket,
If you have a family who are not as in love with the idea as you are life could become a little lonely. I know two friends who ended up returning to the US and Canada at a large financial loss. In one case, because the idea of having a stream of family and friends visiting there beautiful  Belize property just never materialized. Neither of their kids ever came out, always no time in the summer, and can not take kids out of school, or no money for air fares. they returned "home" with great regrets and a lot less money,  mainly so they could see their grandchildren grow up.
The other couple felt they could not survive the cabin fever of another wet season.
I love Belize, Warts and all and it can be pretty warty at times, luckily so do all my family, my kids  as they have known  Belize  since their teens, and the grandchildren have been visiting for a few years yet and always ask when can we come again.
I am all for everyone discovering the wonderful Belize I know but without being a complete negative nelly I am enough of a realist to not everyone will see it as I do. My sister  absolutely loves Belize as a vacation destination, where she can pick the times of year to come, but after living here and running a business for a couple of years she decide she  would not  be happy to retire here permanently.

heatherklynch wrote:

Hi there, I am hoping to be moving to the corazol in the spring.. waiting on selling house,car,etc..I am coming for a visit at the end of January to check things out..I am hoping to maybe connect with some people while I am there to talk about and ask questions about what I will need and find possible rentals etc..thanks - Heather

Hi Heather- Not sure what part of Corozal district you plan to move to but June's Kitchen (for breakfast) and Scotty's (in the afternoon) are 2 spots where expats congregate in Corozal town. Consejo is also a big expat community that has quite a few rentals. My husband and I are moving down February near Copper Bank. So perhaps we can meet up once you move and compare stories. :)

Hi there..thanks for the info..I am going for a week to corazol town and deciding between there and consejo... hopefully we can get in touch when we both get there :)

Hi there..yes I have definitely thought of all these things. My parents have been snowbirds for 25 years and before that lived full time in the middle east for years.. luckily they are very interested in spending winters in Mexico or Belize and will be scouting around once I'm settled. ;)