Looking for a job - I have a masters in Civil Engineering

Hello,

I would kindly ask for help, I am from Lisbon, Portugal, and I've been sending applications for some months to istanbul... I only had 1 answer...I know it's hard to get a job if you don't speak the language... but c'mon... whats is wrong with the companies there, they don't give any feedback? (sorry for my angriness I feel hopeless) I have my girlfriend (turkish) living there, i am learning turkish too ( I speak portuguese, spanish, french a bit and italian), I already have a place to stay too... I have a masters in Civil Engineering - Geotechnical and am planning to take a postdoc in project management. There is only one thing i cannot get and that is a job, I'm not even applying anymore to civil engineer, I am applying to jobs as analyst, business management, everything around that area...I will learn fast. Can someone advise me? Please...

First of all most of  companies in  Turkey are not interested in oversee employment So, if you want to get a job you must be living there .

Beside that Turkish people are so proud of their language.
İt doesn't matter if you speak English,  French or any other language , speaking Turkish the only way that will help you finding a job.

Any degree is not ecceptable unless you take some governmental Test's which approve that you diserve  your degree.

Finally I advise you to take online courses to learn Turkish . It is really very interesting language.  You will have so much fun learning it.

Good luck  :)

Hi Sarah,

I know but i am already sending my applications as if i am living there, cause i have already have a home so if they call i will go. i just need a way at least to survive and at the same time get experience in a job that i can benefit in the future... so teaching english wont help me.

I really making an effort to learn the language i just need to enter at least as an intern somewhere... just  to get the company trust. Im not asking civil engineer but somth...

A masters in civil engineering is not valid there?

Thank you for helping =)

How do I find out what Government test or License are needed there ?
I am in the same situation .. I am Civil Engineer too and a Project manager