Getting a Residency Visa

Hi, guys. I'm new to this forum and am currently living in Cambodia. Because I have a Pinay girlfriend, both of us have been thinking about moving to the Philippines. What I really want to know basically is that, if I get married there and apply for a Residency Visa (1 year visa), do they require that you get a full medical check up as part of the application process? And if a medical check up is mandatory, what do they check for and are there only certain hospitals that you must go to? Your input would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.

I think you are talking about 13A visa, as you will get married here, there is no medicals for any Visa that I know about, you safe there, and Visa is easy to get.

Cool, man. So how long have you lived in the Philippines? What kinda visa do you have? You married over there or just working?

Anybody else have information about this other than 1 guy?

hi,

not sure with that specific visa, but for all foreigner that syat in the Philippines more than 60 days consecutively, you need to secure the quarantine stamp. and yes you need to do some medical exams. as far as i can remember, those are CBC, urinalysis, xray, malaria, syphilis, stool and physical exam test. medical result from any hospital/clinic will do

So what do they look for when they give you the CBC? HIV or any other disease? What if my white blood cell count was low (There could be many reasons for this), would they not give me a visa? Your advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

If you are married to a native born Filipino citizen, then when you enter the country with her you can get your passport stamped good for one year.  As long as you leave the country before the year is up and return with your wife you get another year from your new entry date.  A lot  better than dealing with all that other paperwork and fees.  And you have a reason to take a trip every year.

RonnyRay wrote:

So what do they look for when they give you the CBC? HIV or any other disease? What if my white blood cell count was low (There could be many reasons for this), would they not give me a visa? Your advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

then you'll be advised to retake the specific test that you are fail. based on my experience, my wbc was high cause i had internal infection, i was advised to retake the cbc test after a week only cause other results were good.

I was planning marrying her in the Philippines and then getting my visa there. So what you are saying is that it is easier to marry my Pinay girlfriend abroad? And that way I wouldn't have to do the medical and other paperwork? The woman above said that any foreigner who wishes to get a Residency Visa must get a full medical. And the guy above her says you don't need one at all so I'm a little confused. Waiting for your answer. Thanks so much.

I was planning marrying her in the Philippines and then getting my visa there. So what you are saying is that it is easier to marry my Pinay girlfriend abroad? And that way I wouldn't have to do the medical and other paperwork? The woman above said that any foreigner who wishes to get a Residency Visa must get a full medical. And the guy above her says you don't need one at all so I'm a little confused. Waiting for your answer. Thanks so much.

My girlfriend lives about 8 hours from Manilla and far from any large city. So you are saying that I can get my medical in a small town near her house?

So you are not a Pinay? And what if you failed the test again? Would you be denied a visa?

RonnyRay wrote:

As long as you are going to your embassy in the Philippines and getting the paperwork which says you are marriage material, then it is usually best to get married in the Philippines, I am sure she will prefer it.  You can come on a tourist visa, extend if you must, and then once you have all the paperwork saying you are married you both can go on a honeymoon, come back and start the one year in and out process.

RonnyRay wrote:

My girlfriend lives about 8 hours from Manilla and far from any large city. So you are saying that I can get my medical in a small town near her house?

Out of curiosity, which province does she call home?  We are currently in Ilocos Sur.

Yes, that's what we were planning to do. We were planning on leaving Cambodia in March and then going and getting married in the Philippines. I divorced 6 months ago in Thailand and have my divorce papers, birth certificate and passport etc (Not sure what else I'll need). I don't mind leaving the country once a year but I just don't want a full medical unless it's MANDATORY because I have this thing about drawing blood and needles going in my veins unless I absolutely have to. Like I said, the girl above said that any foreigner living in PH for 60 days straight or more must get a "Quarantine Stamp" so there's a lot of conflicting information on this thread but I'll take your word for the "In and out once a year" thing.

Yes, that's what we were planning to do. We were planning on leaving Cambodia in March and then going and getting married in the Philippines. I divorced 6 months ago in Thailand and have my divorce papers, birth certificate and passport etc (Not sure what else I'll need). I don't mind leaving the country once a year but I just don't want a full medical unless it's MANDATORY because I have this thing about drawing blood and needles going in my veins unless I absolutely have to. Like I said, the girl above said that any foreigner living in PH for 60 days straight or more must get a "Quarantine" document so there's a lot of conflicting information on this thread but I'll take your word for the "In and out once a year" thing.

I'm not even sure but all I know is that it's 8 hours north of Manilla right at the beach.

Sorry for the double posts. My phone is acting up.

RonnyRay wrote:

I'm not even sure but all I know is that it's 8 hours north of Manilla right at the beach.

Could be close to us as we are 8 hours North of Manila along the West coast of Luzon.  Does your future wife speak Ilocano? I ask these questions because you may want to contact other expats in your area to get their perspective on local events.  An American from Virginia and his wife live 2 miles from us  and half a dozen retired Brits live in the area, all married, retired and exmilitary.  You can PM me if you rather not post on here.

RonnyRay wrote:

So you are not a Pinay? And what if you failed the test again? Would you be denied a visa?

no i'm not a pinay. i'm indonesian. if i fail, i need to retake the test. as long as the result is not showing any fatal illness, i need to retake the test. which in my case, it was just high white blood cell, other tests were good. it would be a different case if you have something in your lungs, or HIV or any fatal illness.

this can be your reference

https://www.expat.com/en/guide/asia/phi … -visa.html

cause you'll be needing an ACR card, but you need to secure the approval from bureau of quarantine. :)

I'll my wife and get back with you. Thanks for the advice.

After looking at the Quarantine Stamp process, the. Serological Test only tests you for syphillis and nothing else. Is that true? It mentions nothing else about any other deadly diseases.

Come on Guys there is no medical to get Visa, the guy wants to marry here, he is right, to do so, good idea, get married, if you wish go over sea for honeymoon, you will get your one year visa because you are married, if you stay here, just extend your visa, you can do this up to 6 months now I think, apply for your 13A Visa, which is just like ABC, and again there is no medical, who ever tolled you this is very wrong, or maybe that person is very sick and they must have test done, not sure about that no do I care, Just come here and get married you will find for your self how easy it is, do not lessen to some that will tell you how bad and how difficult it is, non of that is true

No med needed

Hello . Re a Visa , you will get 28 days free visa on arrival , then pay for an extra month when that is up , which is 2 months altogether then you can apply in the province in many areas with immigration , apply for a 6 month visa  which just cost me 8800 peso including a I D card which is 3000 peso included . You can renew your visa every 6 months after that or 3 years all up . But in that time you will be married and once you get married when you are married you will receive a Barackbayan free visa for 12 months for as many years you want , but not multi entry. No medication checks for any of that . Only if yo want a permanent Visa multi entry , you only need a simple checkup from a Gp . Cheers

So is the permanent multi-entry visa the same as the 13 A visa. Thanks for the in. Can I ask you where you are from?

I believe 13A is your Permanent Visa,