Going out in Jakarta

Hi there,

Which are your 10 favorite places to go out in Jakarta?

Which places would you recommend to newcomers? (restaurants, pubs, discos, theaters, cinemas, concert halls...)

Thanks!

Malls/Lifestyle Center
1. fX
2. Senayan City
3. The Plaza

Restaurant/Cafe
4. Cosi at fX or Pluit
5. Canteen at Pacific Place
6. Pisa Kafe

Club/Lounge
6. Blowfish in Menara Mulia, Gatot Subroto - South Jakarta
7. Loewy in Oakwood, Lingkar Mega Kuningan - South Jakarta
8. Cork & Screw, Wisma Kodel - Kuningan

Restaurant (outlets)
9. Apollo Chicken Rice, Kelapa Gading, North Jakarta
10. Sederhana, padang, Sunter, North Jakarta

:D

Places I like

Malls - Puri, Semanngi, Senayan City and Central Park. FX mall for good restaurants and the cinema is always empty.

Good expat bars - Aphrodites at Kuninghan (Rasuna), De Hoois at Pondok Indah and EP in Kemang.

Restaurants - Pizza Cafe is good, Secret Recipe, Outback, Chilis, any western chain, I am lazy and a great fan of Sushi

Clubs and Bars, Blowfish, X2, Second Floor, Red Square, The Barcode, Roof Top

More than 10 but there are lots of great places to go but timing is everything. Traffic....

Jakarta now has busway, it's a bus system with dedicated lane. traffic is most of the time packed, so you better use it :)

hi, i have been to these restaurant and recommend you to try out.
1) Seribu rasa - opposite hyatt hotel/grand indonesia, next to Dirty Duck restaurant.
Good atmosphere, well dim-lighting, spacious - very idea place for 2 persons dating or big good friends gathering. They serve a mix of SEAsian cuisine and Chinese cuisines based on seafood. There are also local dessert as well, like fried cassava and cheese, mousse, etc. They have a big range of alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages to choose. Whether is drink or food, both are nice + the cosy environment, is really an ideal place for dinner with business partners, friends or family.

2) Bunga Rampai at Menteng with Victorian set up. There are private rooms for reservation. They serve local indonesia food like grilled duck, satay, tahu telur, stir-fried kang kung with chilli, balado, grilled rice in bamboo with lemongrass to add frangrant, assorted local dessert, cocktail, wines, etc.

Hello,

Have you tried Hard rock cafe yet ?

Regards

Batu.

Malls: Grand Indonesia, Plaza Senayan, Senayan City, Plaza Indonesia, Pondok Indah Mall

Crystal Jade Restaurant for the best Chinese cuisine and MSG party!

Blitz Megaplex for extensive choices of movies from Hollywood and Asia.

Go ice-skating at Mall Taman Anggrek. You get 40% discount on Mon-Thu, 08.00-12.00 and after hours.

Anomali Coffee at Senopati, relaxing ambiance creates a perfect coffee-shop moment.

Do try Social House in Grand Indonesia (overlooking Bundaran HI) and explore the new shops @ Plaza Indonesia. I also love Senayan City altho I live nearby GI so most of the time, just hang-out there :) Resto -- there's many to choose from...depends on what u like -- for Thai, try Jittlada; Malaysian - Penang Bistro; coffee is nice at de Excelso, Delifrance and Arabusta. Girls, for shopping no need to go Bandunf for FO...just go to Mangga Dua Square!

Try the Terrazza Bianca, Hotel Akmani, Jl. Wahid Hasyim, all you can drink of San Miguel beer from 7pm till 10pm, daily, or read my novels and check out the wild side of Jakarta life!

Dewi Goh wrote:

Malls/Lifestyle Center
1. fX
2. Senayan City
3. The Plaza

Restaurant/Cafe
4. Cosi at fX or Pluit
5. Canteen at Pacific Place
6. Pisa Kafe

Club/Lounge
6. Blowfish in Menara Mulia, Gatot Subroto - South Jakarta
7. Loewy in Oakwood, Lingkar Mega Kuningan - South Jakarta
8. Cork & Screw, Wisma Kodel - Kuningan

Restaurant (outlets)
9. Apollo Chicken Rice, Kelapa Gading, North Jakarta
10. Sederhana, padang, Sunter, North Jakarta

:D

Those are all good places.

I like Oakwood resto, where they had Loewy, Ranch market and also starbuck.  Good atmosphere to hang out with friends.
Plaza senayan is my favourite mall so far. :)