Childcare in Glasgow

Hi everyone I want to ask what you're experience with childcare in Glasgow has been. I'm from the USA and often good quality childcare is very difficult to find. Teachers (especially pre-k, and infant/toddler) are underpaid and undervalued. Companies that often run childcare centers value the bottom line first and children's education and development second. Most places here will look great on a tour but it's not until later do you realize this is a facade. Of course this is not the case for every place, but it can be very difficult to figure out the good from the bad. Before anyone jumps to conclusions, I have worked as a teacher for the last 10 years at various places. In the US childcare is very expensive and unless a center is accredited it's a hard gamble if working there will be good or bad. I want to move to Glasgow but don't know what the UK's version of "accredited" is. I am also interested to know what the overall cultural view on childcare is and how the Scottish people value early education. Of course no childcare company in the US would admit that they value money over a child's education and development, but that is sadly often the reality of the situation. If there are any early childcare teachers on here or parents who could share there experiences that would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the Forum :)

Ofsted is the government body that regulates schools in the UK.

You can use this site to research schools for Scotland.

https://education.gov.scot/what-we-do/i … ew/reports

SimCityAT
Expat.com Expert Team