Recomandation for an Immigration Lawyer

Hello everybody,
Looking for recomanded lawyer in the field of immigration in the area of cabarete or Santo Domingo.

thx,
:)

Planner & Bob K have good ones. Excellent reps, good results & don't overcharge.

Thx,

How do I contact Planner or Bob K?

3 days ago I was reading posts on the forum and crossed a discussion about it. several people recommended several lawyers, some lawyer names repited. I tryed to find this tred but failed.

probably if things will go as I plan I will move for a long period around june. The only reason why I'm waiting so long is a complex dental problem which I want to treat here in IL. I'm very worried about the economic aspect of living in DR. I have enough money to live several years with no income. As I see it now I want to stay longer than that. Do anyone have any insights about that aspect?

Get the work done here, it will save enough to extend your time here. how many years will depend on your lifestyle. If you need a fancy car, large villa in a posh area, then it goes quickly. welcome to the island.

tinker I'm not an English native speaker. I did not understand your meaning by saying "Get the work done here, it will save enough to extend your time here"

If you do your dental work here it may cost you a lot less money.

Lawyer in santo Domingo: Wilson Rood [email protected]

thx, I know dental work in TDR are cheaper espeicialy compering to IL where 95% of the prices is much much more than double from Europe. With it the dental work here is probably higher. I told my doc I wish to do it in TDR and he adviced me not. even I know he have profit from his advice I know it is a good profesional advice. for me it's not just the price. probably if I did not had this dental work I would been in start of next month in TDR:(

thx for the lawyer recomendation

I tried to send him an email and got an system email back saying address not found

Does between the words in his email address should be a dot or underline?

Email is correct. Change the bracket etc to ampersand to send the email.

BCS, you already wasted a lot of money by doing the dentistry before coming. And since you're worried about finances, you'll be wasting more by coming to tht dr at all because other competing countries for the gringo dollar are cheaper......several of them.

bcs - please read the several threads about the costs of living here. OR if you have specific issues to address please open  a thread to discuss them.

Hey Colonel, if there are other countries that are cheaper, why ain't you living in one of them?  You could be a hero, showing them by example how to properly do things. It is a worthy course of action, giving to the uneducated & misguided masses. It is an admirable mission to take on. God Bless you for it.

[Post under review]

Ok. That is enough!

Both of you can stop please. This will not be allowed to continue. Let's stick to answering the questions asked.

Anyone can give their opinion and advice as they see it in a nice respectful way.

Peace brothers  :D

I think bcs.sharon wanted to say the reason he isn't already in the DR, is that he needs dental treatment to be done, not that he was trying to find out a cheapest way.

It would be friendly to help him understand what he is about to do and how. You all know arriving to the country without help and unexperienced can really be tricky.

From his profile ;

I was 10 years ago 2 months in St. Marteen and fell in love. since than I'm dreaming to move to the caribbean Islands. Last Year I was 2 months in The Dominican Republic and now the start of 2018 I'm starting to do bigger steps towards moving there.

We can get these pieces of information :

- 2 times 2 months in the Caribbean in 10 years ---> that is very few !
- He fell in love of St Marteen ---> but 90% of love stories in the DR end up with broken hearts and and empty wallets.
- He says he has got money  ---> courageous or foolhardy ? A lot of people is already set up to solve him that problem  :lol:
- He says he is not a English native speaker, but does he speak good Spanish ? ---> Not a clue.
- What does he want to do in the DR, just being  there until all the money is spent ? ---> And afterthat  what ?

@ bcs.sharon : you need to be more specific about what you want to do in the Rep Dom. What are your personal skills ? Have you got a solution get  back up on your feet once you will have spent all your bucks ? Is there something you did not tell us ?

You seem to be a sentimental guy but in the Dominican Republic there is no room for dreamers. Prepare yourself, learn Spanish, learn about the culture, about the Dominican people. Take care.

What you are about to do is RISKY !

Why not come back once or twice for a few months, you are not obliged to start all the process of immigration right now.

Regards

G.V.

Planner you are correct  You bring a touch of reality to we old farts. Thank you for your common sense. After more than 30 years in business & living in the islands, I'm still an innocent gringo.

[Post under review]

Wow, what was the original question?????????????/  :D:D:D
Bob K

Guneoverde - you make some valid points.

Honey none of us regulars have the time to check people's profiles and backgrounds. We are unpaid volunteers who do the best we can with what we are asked! 

The better the question and information provided -  the better the answers are likely to be.

Now if you want to take the time to volunteer to do this I would say - welcome aboard!

Colonel - you cracked me up! Thanks I needed that.

@planner

I know what you mean and you are perfectly right.

It is just my Saint Bernard side, when there might be a lost sheep, I put on my little barrel of Rhum (Brugal Añejo) and I trigger the rescue plan.

Thanks for the job offer  ;)

Hey you are welcome.  Pay sucks but you meet lots of interesting characters.

Hello again everyone.
This tred is sort of answer to Guineo.

I'm a type of person that like to enjoy life (not every one like this). The only reason why I did not make a move 10 years ago was that I was broke. Now my financial state is better. I sold an apartment short time ago, with the money I plan to do 2 major things. 1. buy another apartment here in IL. second use part of the money to try to live in the dr. I put aside 50,000$ and come to the dr and from there who knows. I will also have around 1000$ monthly income from the apartment I will buy and rent. I know from staying in tdr last year, from my experience and some expat that cost of living for western people is around 1500$. for sure I'll try to find ways to have income in the dr and with it not being a big spender of $. in the worst case as I see it know I will spend several of years in dr finish my money and go back sad to IL, better is that I will find a way even if it takes time to have an income in a way that I will be able to stay as much as I want in tdr.
I don't speak Spanish but I speak poor Italian. 1 of my plans while moving is to learn Italian.
I love to enjoy as I mentioned. for me 356 sunny days is a big source of joy+shorts,flipflops,sleveless short+not running after money like a maniac+nature+see+good vibe almost everywhere. there are some more reasons for me to move but they bit more personal.
thx grineo for your tred it helped me understand a lot and see bit more of the picture. Yes I'm a dreamer but working hard to stick the legs to the ground. if I will have to go back to IL probably I'll found a regular job 8:30-17:00 and live my life miserable. if I will come to the dr I will be the happiest person on this planet-or for several years or for the rest of my life.
even it's not financialy correct I plan to come feb-mar 18 to tdr, go back to IL for3-4 months and than move to tdr

S

bcs.sharon,

Thanks for having answered. It's a pleasure to help.

Read as much as  you can about the DR in this forum  : safety; health; travel; women; society; driving; police; language etc ...

Take care and ... have fun

G.V.