EP Status Pending

Hi Friends,

I am living in singapore for past 3+years. I have 8+yrs of experience in IT industry. My EP was applied in MOM on Feb 1st and three weeks are almost over with still showing pending status.. Because of long notice period in my current company i have already resigned and exit date is nearing soon. Not sure why it is taking so long. No documents were requested from MOM. My company applied for another candidate after two days of my application and he got it approved couple of days back. Fingers crossed.

Each application has its own merits, so can't be compared. Hope you will get a positive response soon. Good luck

Three weeks is short. You should be patient - it mostly takes 1 - 2 months, but in some extreme  cases can be 3 or 4 months.
Good luck!

Thanks a lot for the wishes. I think this forum is a lucky charm. I got EP approved today.

Congratulations!

Wow! Lucky you! :) Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Hi Friend,
I just want to share about my status. I have resigned my position (which is Operation Executive with EP holder) at hospitality industry last December. However, I have found a new job (wholesale industry) with the same and they help me to apply EP at 25 Jan 2018. Unfortunately, my application is still pending. Any advice?

It's a big time

Ngew wrote:

Hi Friend,
I just want to share about my status. I have resigned my position (which is Operation Executive with EP holder) at hospitality industry last December. However, I have found a new job (wholesale industry) with the same and they help me to apply EP at 25 Jan 2018. Unfortunately, my application is still pending. Any advice?

As you can read from various similar discussions on the forum, the EP processing time at MoM is highly variable and two months or more is not exceptional.
My advice is to decide whether you still want that job (in that case, wait for the outcome of your EP application) or not (then cancel the application).

its a pretty straight forward advice ..take it or leave it....

Mine got to pending after 1 week after submission on MoM

My EP is pending for more than 2 weeks now. I am living in singapore for almost 3 years now. Applied it on 6 March. Last 2 times it was pretty quick. hardly 2 days both the times. Even the background check for the new employer is completed.

Hi All,

My company had applied for my EP on 10 Jan, but got rejected after 2 weeks because Not qualified for EP hence the company dont have enough SPASS quota. Then my company is upgrading one of their staff from SPASS to EP (to make way for my SPASS). And then on 16 March, they applied EP and SPASS again for me, but now the status is "Pending input from vetting agencies". May i what is the chances i get it approved?

I had been working in Sg back on 2014 for 2 years (under EP).

MoM has engaged a third party vendor to verify the authenticity of the documents you had submitted. Based on the feedback from the agency, MoM will proceed your application. It's difficult to say whether your application would be successful or not. But, at this stage it shows MoM wants to review your application further. Stay positive and good luck.

What kind of org is this? didn't they check their S PASS quota before applying? They should have checked your eligibility as well and then applied.

Make sure you are choosing the right company.

MOM has hired dataflow from India to verify documents of Indian. You can check your status on the Dataflow site if you have the client reference number or your case number but unfortunately MOM doesn't provide that.

https://corp.dataflowgroup.com/

Thanks for this very useful information. You seem to be some kind of insider, right?

ankushmath wrote:

What kind of org is this? didn't they check their S PASS quota before applying? They should have checked your eligibility as well and then applied.

In fact I was eligable for EP when i do the SAT test, maybe thats why they never check on the SPASS quota. 2 years ago i was in sg under EP also. But this time round, MOM say i am not eligible for EP and since the company applied for EP & SPASS both, MOM check on the SPASS quota as well.

I wish i was. But no. This information was published in straits times. Below is the Link

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/m … rtificates

After searching their site, found that MOM is one of clients.

dejavu555 wrote:
ankushmath wrote:

In fact I was eligable for EP when i do the SAT test, maybe thats why they never check on the SPASS quota. 2 years ago i was in sg under EP also. But this time round, MOM say i am not eligible for EP and since the company applied for EP & SPASS both, MOM check on the SPASS quota as well.

Do you mind sharing your years of experience and approx sal with Age. For SAT these 3 things which i observed are the main factors.

Its been 4 weeks now for my application. Still the state is pending. If next week its not approved, my current employer would start pushing me for my current EP renewal and  they would come to know that i have an offer in hand.

Normally, employer start processing the renewal part near to 2 months to expiry. You mean to say that till now you didn't inform to your present employer about your new job! It only happens either your notice period is less (like a month or so) or new employer agreed to pay your notice period time so that your present employer can release you early.

It's quite common where EP approval taking longer than usual time. So, 4 weeks certainly within that range. Good luck

surya2k wrote:

Normally, employer start processing the renewal part near to 2 months to expiry. You mean to say that till now you didn't inform to your present employer about your new job! It only happens either your notice period is less (like a month or so) or new employer agreed to pay your notice period time so that your present employer can release you early.

It's quite common where EP approval taking longer than usual time. So, 4 weeks certainly within that range. Good luck

My current employer wants to start ep processing early seeing the delays these days and yes i havent informed them since i am not sure of EP approval.

Hi,
I am working in Singapore from last 1.5 years. I have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering(Computer Science) from one of the reputed universities in India. I joined a software firm in Singapore in October 2016.My current salary in SGD 4500 per month.Recently I got an offer from another software firm.They applied for the EP  11 days ago, but the EP status is still pending.The salary offered in above SGD 6000.(Total work experience is also 1.5 years)
Any idea how much more delay is expected and what are my chances?

Thank you !

The EP processing time is currently 1 - 3 months in most cases.
Your chances depend on many factors not described in your message, so we can't tell.

Hi everyone! May I ask you whether during the wait of your EP, do you guys work at the company or do you guys wait until your pass got approved then work?

Thanks!

Wait for your pass better.

It is illegal to start work before your pass is appeoved and issued. If you do, you will be banned from ever working in Singapore again. So DON'T!

Hi Team,

I am Nagesh. Working for IT in cyber security domain.offered salary is more than 6k. Initially they have applied for my EP on 23rd Jan after a week MOM asked for additional documents and consultancy provided the required document. After providing document i waited for a month but the EP Was still in pending status. 
Two weeks back i got a new job offer and company B applied for my EP. Company A withdrawn the Applied EP application. Its been 2 weeks i am waiting to get my EP Approved.

is the process will be faster compared to the first company??

Why should it be faster?
You just start again from zero!

Each time your application is reached at MoM, they do review case by case basis. So, it's hard to say that it will be faster because company B has applied.

But it's very much likely that this time the overall time will be much lesser for the outcome because MoM has already reviewed your all documents earlier. Good luck

surya2k wrote:

Each time your application is reached at MoM, they do review case by case basis. So, it's hard to say that it will be faster because company B has applied.

But it's very much likely that this time the overall time will be much lesser for the outcome because MoM has already reviewed your all documents earlier. Good luck

This would be true if they have completed the review and saved the profile, but we don't really know if they have completed the documents review process or not. Right?

True.. I Agree.. lets wait for sometime and see the outcome. Will they provide FIN number after the review??

When the second employer applied for my EP they asked only the signed offer letter and Previous FIN number. is this normal scenario??

nageshb wrote:

True.. I Agree.. lets wait for sometime and see the outcome. Will they provide FIN number after the review??

When the second employer applied for my EP they asked only the signed offer letter and Previous FIN number. is this normal scenario??

Usually they do ask for Degree certificates as well. At least for me they asked 2 times, unless its just renewal of existing EP.

For new EP the FIN number is generated after IPA is issued. (Just in case you want to check the status of your application you can do that with just passport number. )

Hi Ankushmath

They haven't asked anything apart from signed offer letter and FIN no.  In portal it is shown as pending for my FIN No

Strange. Never heard of that status message. Do you mind pasting the screenshot of the status message on the MOM site?

The FIN number is generated when you submit your first work pass application, before any processing starts.
It stays with you for life (or until you become citizen). Therefore of course you have to submit it with all subsequent applications.

Minor addition to Beppi's message: FIN number only changes if you become PR or Citizen (first letter will start with either “S” born before 2000 or “T” born after 2000).

Yes I'm not working at the moment and still waiting.. Hope will get a result soon!!