Canadian living in Canada to divorce Vietnamese living in vietnam

I am a Canadian that was married in Vietnam we live in separate countries and now want to divorce I was told I need to fill out an application form for divorce and a power of attorney form and don't know anywhere to get these forms I'm currently in Vancouver bc Canada any help would be great thanks

Even if you were initially married in Vietnam, there shouldn't be any reason that you can't be divorced in Canada.   Canada seems to have "no-fault" divorce after a full year of separation.   http://divorce-canada.ca/legal-grounds- … -in-canada

Thanks for your reply how ever she is not able to come to Canada to do the divorce process also I am not able to go to Vietnam either we have only stayed together on 4 trips there for 2 months each time

Do you really need to get divorced, if not, then just leave things the way they are.

Michaeladamb wrote:

Thanks for your reply how ever she is not able to come to Canada to do the divorce process also I am not able to go to Vietnam either we have only stayed together on 4 trips there for 2 months each time

She doesn't have to come to Canada.  She just has to sign the papers.  Open the link I gave you then look for the link for uncontested divorce about half way down the page.  You really don't want to be seeking serious legal advice on this website anyway.  See a real lawyer, not an armchair lawyer.

Yes I believe she wants to remarry and maybe one day I will to as a Vietnamese wedding is binding in Canada I have tried to get her to send me the forms required and then hopefully I can have a translator help me fill them out