Notice period during probation

I have a job with a consultancy which has deputed me at client location. I am not liking my job as my responsibilities are not matching with my experience. I want to quit and go back to my home country.

I have not signed any contract with the consultancy or the client. I was just given an offer letter by the consultancy, which stated that I would be in probation for 6 months post which my services would be confirmed. And the notice period as given in offer letter is 30 days applicable to both parties.

Now my question is :

1) what is the notice period during probationary period. I think it is 1 day as per the labour law here. Please confirm.

2) The consultancy arranged for my 1 year work visa and initial 1 week hotel accommodation. Do I have to pay anything to the consultancy as damages? Nothing related to this is mentioned in the offer letter.

3) what will happen if I just go back to my home country without intimating anybody and not serving any notice period ?

3.1) Will I be caught at Bahrain airport while exiting ?
3.2) Will I be blacklisted in Bahrain ? Can I enter Bahrain again ?
3.3) Will I be able to enter GCC again in future ?
3.4) Will it affect my future chances to travel abroad (non GCC countries) ??

4) what is the best and safe option for me. ??

Please help me dear friends as I am in a lot of tension.

You have not given many details.  While you are saying that you have not signed any contract, you mention that they have given you a work visa?

A work visa from LMRA cannot be issued without your employer uploading a copy of a signed contract in the right format.

Are you sure that it is a work visa or a simple business visit visa?

I have signed an offer letter with the consultancy. I am working on a 1 year work visa.

In the offer letter it says that I will be on probation for 6 months after which I will be confirmed. It also says  notice period of 30 days to be given by either parties.

But it does not say anything about notice period during probationary period.

The Article 21 in the Labour Law document (in LMRA) says that unless specified explicitly , the notice period during probation is 1 day.

Is this correct ??

dave118 wrote:

I have signed an offer letter with the consultancy. I am working on a 1 year work visa.

In the offer letter it says that I will be on probation for 6 months after which I will be confirmed. It also says  notice period of 30 days to be given by either parties.

But it does not say anything about notice period during probationary period.

The Article 21 in the Labour Law document (in LMRA) says that unless specified explicitly , the notice period during probation is 1 day.

Is this correct ??

To put it bluntly; an offer letter is absolutely meaningless.  Until the work visa is done, you can leave anytime.  However, if you have signed a contract on LMRA template, they have uploaded it and you get a visa after you physically leave; you are still bound by the clauses.  However, there is no notice during probation from either side.  You can resign by submitting resignation in writing and if you think the employer will create problems, send it via registered mail.