Opening a bank account as a PR

Hello,

I already got my Paraguayan PR and will be heading to Asunción soon for collecting the initial $5,000 deposit made at Banco de Fomento. I'd like to open a personal bank account but I don't have a permanent address in Paraguay, nor I plan to have one.

What are the odds a bank will let me open an account without an utility bill in my name?

Hello,

Opening a local bank account for a foreigner can take a week or two. Unfortunately, you must provide with an address and utility bill to do so but it doesn't need to be under your name. Send me a message if you want me to discuss options to do it.
Kind Regards

I managed to open the account yesterday. An utility bill was not necessary at all.

Oh great. But I bet you did have to provide with an address, that's mostly what I meant :)

Which bank were you able to open an account with?

Atlas

Hello

I need to know more about paraguay citizenship by opening bank account

You can become a permanent resident of Paraguay and that involves making a temporary payment of about $5,000 to the government, among other things.

As a result of being a PR you can apply for a bank account, but a bank account is neither granted nor a requirement for becoming a PR.

A citizenship is a much more complicated process with strict requirements and generally unattainable by foreigners.

You can open a bank account with the receipt of the application for the PR permit. I mean before your receive the PR status. It is an interesting feature.

hi,
can you please guide me for this topic as i am looking for PR of paraguay, if you have some advices and any idea please

Hello tigershah,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

As this topic's main issue is about opening a bank account as a permanent resident, it is slightly off-topic to seek information on permanent residency itself here. Incidentally, the topic at hand has not been active since 2018

Please ask all questions related to obtaining permanent residency by creating a new topic on the Paraguay forum.

You will have more luck receiving relevant and insightful replies from our members by doing so. ;)

Best of luck,

Diksha
Team Expat.com