Aviation opportunities in Philippines

Hello  :cheers:  I am Jeff living in Paris (france) in Philippines right now until January 18 th. I am working at Paris airport for passengers assistance, i got also a pilot commercial licence from USA with more than 2000 flight hours  , is it possible to find a job in Philippine for somebody like me ??  Thanks !!!!  Jeff

You need a Philippine pilots license.

Ok thanks!!! As I am in Philippines at this time , I plan to go and see a flying school to have informations about how to convert my Us licence..   if you  get any information about that or any contact please give me it??   So thanks again!!!   Jefff

With 2000 hours of flying experience, I am curious to know why you are not flying commercially in France or in some other country?   What aircraft types are you certified to fly?    You obviously have Class 1 instrument rating, multi engine, or even an airline transport rating on your licence ?   2000 hours is a good entry point  for many airlines in different countries...

I have a cpl multi instrument airplane with class 2 medical . I fly only single and multi , no heavy rating. I worked for aerial activities ( jumping , surveillance and flight instruction). I am looking for more  a job in single or multi propellers pilot....

Good luck in your job hunting.  If you are not hired by a foreign employer, you might need to have some flying skills on aircraft types that cannot be found here in the Philippines.  Otherwise, I believe there are ample single engine Filipino pilots here from what I know with my conversations with employees of Philippine  Airlines.   By the way, I  have my commercial flying licence in my scrapbook now as I cannot be bothered with the re-certification and ongoing medical check-ups.  At one time in my life, i was pursuing an exciting career  in the airline business.    :)

Quick but off topic(ish) - Philippines only or Asia in general?

There was a serious shortage of pilots for twin engine short haul stuff in Indonesia; companies such as Susi air hire a lot of foreign pilots.

Australia has a pilot shortage too.