Nursing School in Germany

Hello, my name is Kierstyn. I'm from the US. I am looking into going to nursing school in Germany and am wondering how I would do it. What are the requirements for an American student to get into a German nursing program? Would I go to a university or do an ausbildung as mentioned in another post? My goal is to be a registered nurse. Thank you.

There were several similar threads in the last few years. Did you read them?
You need to enter nursing school (which is no university). Contact the school of your choice for entry requirements and formalities. You need good German language skills to follow the classes (which are entirely in German, of course) and later on to work with patients. You'd be paid very little while in school (possibly not enough to survive, so bring savings - it isn't possible to work at the side) and not much more afterwards - nursing sadly isn't a well-paid profession in Germany (partly because there are plenty of cheap Eastern European nurses flooding the market).

Thank you beppi, I have looked over some of the other threads. I saw you say on one that university and ausbildung are not the same. May I ask what would be the difference between going to university for a nursing degree or doing an Ausbildung for nursing?

I don't think there is a university nursing degree. At least I never heard of one.
The big difference between iniversity degrees and apprenticeship is the level pre-required educational level (high school degree for universioty, lower for apprentice), the level of practical work (university mainly classes in a big school, apprentice mainly practocal work in a company), the resulting certificate (university degree, apprentice "Geselle" craft certificate). Universities are free or cost a (mostly small) fee, while an apprentice get paid a little (not usually enough to survive).

Thank you very much for clarifying!