Friends In Toronto

Hi everyone!

I'm moving to Toronto on the 11th of January from Scotland and rather nervous about not knowing anyone over there! I was hoping to maybe get in touch with some friendly people on here who would be happy to meet up or get to know each other.

I'm Katie,  a 21 year old from scotland who is moving over on my own to start a job as a veterinary technician! Im half german half scottish and I'm open to being friends with people from any walks of life so long as you're a friendly easy going good person!
Im rather anxious about not knowing anyone when I move and hoped this would be a good place to start making some Friends!

Thanks Katie

Hey Katie,
Warm welcome to Toronto ( although temperatures is -18 now).  I am also new to Toronto.. I will be waiting to get in touch with you very soon... wishing you a Happy new year and safe trip to Toronto.

Shibly

Hello
Dear Friends,

I want to go to Canada. Can you give me some information about there like part time job, per hour salary and easily available or no

hi Kathie

I know this post is a bit late. I am sorry. Toronto and Ontario  can be a very cold place figuratively and in real life. Send me a message if you wish. Culture shock is real so if people can help the best to you.

IsabelleW wrote:

hi Kathie

I know this post is a bit late. I am sorry. Toronto and Ontario  can be a very cold place figuratively and in real life. Send me a message if you wish. Culture shock is real so if people can help the best to you.

Hi Isabelle,

Interesting that you said that about the vibe in Toronto. I've just moved here (from Dubai, which is a pretty shallow environment in itself) with no illusions but at least a hint of hope that I would be embraced warmly, as anyone has when they move to a new place.

It's too early for me to say, but I feel it's like a mixed bag so far. The service in shops and restaurants is great, but yet to feel a neighborly warmth from strangers, as one might encounter in Europe.

In regards to the physical cold, I can't say I don't enjoy it after experiencing summers of extreme heat in Dubai!