Spouse visa and travel visa

1. YES. You need to get your marriage certificate (issued from Sri Lanka) apostilled. You can apply visa D directly.

2. You can ask the passport back stating you want it for travel. Do consult VFS on this (Do you need to wait for the consulate to see your original passport and return it or VFS can verify and return it).

Thank you so much for your advise. I have gathered all required documents. I will update a details procedure on my process for the benefit of the others once completed.

God Bless you

Hi Aneesh,

On the application form for Visa D- Reunion with a Belgian Spouse. They ask for period of my stay?

Is there any advise on this?

Just say 365 days. The visa is anyway for entry and initial period. Once the person is here, he/she gets residence permit and from then, visa is not relevant anymore.

Hi,
My husband has PR in belgium. I have applied for family reunion visa (dependent) on 10th jan 2019 through vfs chennai and the file reached belgium on 29th Jan. We are still waiting for visa to be approved. It is been almost 4 months and the status is still in progress. 

Do anyone have any idea why are they delaying this much and what is the normal processing time to approve this

Expect 6 months for the processing in Belgium.

Hi,

Thank you for the above threads. It is very helpful indeed. I have one question regarding the translation of the documents - do we need to have the birth certificate, marraige certificate and police certificate translated after getting them apostilled?

Thank you.
Rahul Rathod

No, translation has to be approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affair from the country of origin.
There will be an apostille on it too.

When I applied:
- FIRST : original government issued documents (birth certificate, marriage certificat, police report etc) those are is not in French/Dutch or English to be translated to French.
- SECOND: Validation of government issued documents by ministry of foreign affairs, along with the documents you translated.
- FINALLY: apostlling was done and documents submitted.

Maybe the order of the process varies from each country, mine was Sri lanka.