Spouse visa and travel visa

We are planning to apply for a spouse visa in February, 2018.  I have read about the long waiting times for this type of visa. I was wondering will it be possible to apply for a tourist and spouse visa at the same time ?

Our thinking behind it was to enable my wife to come with me to brussels rather than waiting in India . Am I too ambitious in this ?
Is there any other way she can travel with me ?

Doing this is the best way for everything to be refused !!!

should I only apply for the spouse visa and wait ?

Yes.

what if you applied for tourist visa first , once she got it then you can apply for the for spouse visa?

That is an option too. Get a tourist visa  so that you can do short term visit here. And for long term, you apply for spuose visa.

We have planned that earlier. but due to wait periods we have dropped it.

As per immigration office , If I understood correctly, I have to provide following documents. If you have any idea which all have to be legalise.

1. Rental contract: My landlord has given me the rental registration document from Service Public Federal Finance. Do I have to legalise this document for the dependant visa application?

2. Health Insurance: I have got my wife's name added to my current insurance. Do I have to get this legalise also ?

3.Residence Id copy

4.Bank statements

Thank you for help

None of these has to be legalised in my knowledge. VFS will tell you which all documents (mostly originated from home country) need to be legalised.

thanks

Hello Taushif,

My wife got the dependent visa within 3 days of application at VFS Mumbai. The quick turnaround time was indeed a surprise but we made sure that the documentation was proper and in order.
Here is the link to the document checklist I used : https://www.dropbox.com/s/vllf0ekcasjk6 … .docx?dl=0

Note that, each and every document mentioned is required.

As you mentioned about rental contract, it doesn't need to be legalised but needs to be registered with the local commune. This is usually done by the agency you rented it from or the landlord and should be done within 3 months of signing the rent contract.

Legalisation (Apostille) in India will be required for the following documents of your wife:
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate
- Police clearance certificate (PCC)

Hope this helps. Feel free to message me if you have any other questions,.

Cheers,
FM

hello ,
this is great news. when did u applied ?

I have the home rental contract from "Service Public Federal Finance" this was provided by my landlord. My concern is following,
1. I have recently [early december] moved to this house (in the same commune) and police has verified by coming to the house on 6th Jan. Do I have to go to commune and check if the address has been updated ? The catch is I am going India on next week so should I visit commune in person ?

2.Will the marriage certificate by the marriage registrar has to be legalised ?

1. If police verified, then things are fine. There is nothing more that needs your involvement in the address change procedure. However, it is a good idea to go and check in the commune if the address is indeed updated. And also to get a 'composition de manage' with the new address on it.

2. Yes. This needs to be apostilled.

when did u applied ?

Hello,

I will be submitting my work visa application and a dependent visa application for my wife. Are the documents required for dependent visa and reunion visa the same ?
I ask because I was not able to find a specific checklist for dependent visa in case she is accompanying me, as opposed to joining me at a later date.

Thanks for your guidance.

Cheers,
Aayush

If you scroll up there is a post from farhanmomin on 15 jan in which he has a checklist based on his successful visa application . You can use that

i was just wondering how come "farhanmomin"  got a dependent visa in three days because I did lot reaerch even submitted exact same documents what he mentioned in a list with all apostle seal and all, I don't know how come file been sent to Brussels for decision. Can anyone please put light on this, is there anything usually we all missing..?

It is all upto the consulate.. no one knows what happens inside :)

Is it depends on something dependent person who applying visa had previous European visa been stamped, is what matters, just me thinking..??

Hi
i want to know the apostille process of birth /marriage certificate.
can you please help me out?
how long they generally take?

Soumi

In which country are the certificates originated ?

India -i have original of both marriage nd birth only and i managed to reissue birth certificate as of now .yet to find the process of tge apostile ... can you brief?

firstly i thought belgium embassy can accept if notatised from SG but unfortunately not!

VFS has this service (they collect the documents from you and follows the process to get an apostile from MEA). There are many other agencies too who performs this service.

VFS Info: http://www.vfsattestation.com/

You can also do the process on your own.

Official process info: http://mea.gov.in/apostille.htm

My worry is i reside in SG fir last 3 years and surprised they can not accept sg notarised docs.
Can you suggest me any on steps? I need to send the document on online ?indin embassy of sg also can npt help?

You can very well apply in the Belgian consulate (or via vfs Singapore) in Singapore  because you are a Resident there. As the certificates you mentioned are originated in India, they must be apostilled by MEA.  If the application center is Singapore cannog accept any other form of attestation (embassy or notary), then there is No other way around for this. Check again with the application center if embassy attestation is enough. If not, you must get the certificates apostilled in India physically.

For this, You may send the physical certificates to a family member in India and they can get it apostilled via vfs or any other agency or direct with the concerned Offices and send the apostilled ones back to you .

Unfortunately reply is as below from belgium consulate singapore.
As explained to you at the counter, this is not at all the standard procedure. Documents should be authenticated by the issuing authority. You can find more information about the process here. I highly advise against submitting the notarized papers from Singapore. All irregularities to a visa application influence the processing time and outcome.
Do you know if i wanted to get in done from india hiw long it should take?
And also if i have original doc of birth and marriage certificate vfs centre in singapore /embassy of india in singapore can not apostile for me?

They cannot apostile it for you simply because of the fact that the certificates issued in India can be apostilled only by MEA in India. And consulate's policy is very clear from what the Belgian consulate told you. They want the certificates apostilled in India,'period.  Rules are rules :)

I don't know about the timelines. You have to get the certificates to India physically, submit them for apostille and get back.

There may be agents in Singapore who sends documents to their partner agents in India and handles the apostille process for you. As these are key documents, my suggestion would be again you get it done through a family member in India or you go there and handle it yourself.

Thank you much for the much required info.

Welcome and good luck with the process !

Dear friends,

I could get the Work Permit from Belgium by a company, and I am currently living in Italy with a valid Italian long Stay Permit (until July 2018). I have a question if I still need to apply for a visa to go and start working? Does my wife need to take the entry visa even if she has a valid Italian long SP? Is it possible to go there and ask the city hall for a long stay permit to live and work in Belgium?

Thank you so much in advance,

Hi farhan! the dropbox link has expired.. could you share the list of documents any way?

Dear Farhanomin,
The dropbox link has expired. COuld you share it again? Or just paste the document details here?
Regards,

Hi FM,

Me and my husband are applying for the visa single permit visa for Belgium. my husbands the primary applicant and I'm the spouse, when we fill the application what option is should be select on the VFS website ? Is it
1. Family reunion art 10.
2. Family reunion art 40.
3. Family reunion spouse worker art 10.

Which of these 3 should it be?

Thanks
Ani

1) Art 10 is for foreigner outside Europe
2) Art 40 is for Belgian and European only (40bis for European, 40ter for Belgian)
3) Spouse of a working foreigner (non-European)

Thank you so much Alex! Really helpful

How do you apply for a Family reunification visa when you and your spouse are both not in Belgium and don't have the residence permits yet? This is if you intend to travel to Belgium with your spouse.

there are plenty of threads in the forum discussing this :)

yes true .. probably i have read everything up there. But I am unsure if its a family reunion visa that i need  to apply for. Cause I dont have a residence permit yet and the family reunion visa requires that i supposes.. :)

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=805680

this one has the info regarding which visa type to select for you and your dependent spouse when you apply.

Dear Aneesh,

Thank you for untiring effort to provide answers to many people.

I'm married to a Belgian (Belgian born). Our marriage registration happened in Sri lanka last week (according to Sri lankan law).

I'm planning to reside with her in Belgium.

QUESTION 1
Could I still apply VISA-D reunion with Belgian Spouse even if the marriage is only done in Sri lanka?

OR

Is it best to apply for Visa C (Schengen) and change visa type to Visa D after entering Belgium.

Which visa stands a better chance for me?

QUESTION 2

Since I need to come to New Delhi to apply for Visa D and will submit my passport to VFS new Delhi,
Do I have to stay in India until a decision is made?
IF not, how would I return to Sri Lanka without passport?