Marriage

Hi. I'm new here. I just want to ask you guys if anyone here know what papers should we get(my fiance and me) for our marriage in the Philippines. He is by the way from Switzerland. Thank you guys it will be a big help. 😃

Welcome to the Forum :)

Congratulations on your forthcoming marriage  :top:

This LINK will give you all the information you need.

SimCityAT
Expert Team

Hi,

You should get in touch with the « Zivilstansämter / état civil » of the Canton. They will tell you what you need if you want the marriage to be recognized in Switzerland.

http://www.pom.be.ch/pom/de/index/zivil … reise.html

Victorfrance wrote:

Hi,

You should get in touch with the « Zivilstansämter / état civil » of the Canton. They will tell you what you need if you want the marriage to be recognized in Switzerland.

http://www.pom.be.ch/pom/de/index/zivil … reise.html

As I've stated above the link gives all the information for it to be recognized in both countries, this coming from the Switzerland Embassy in the Philippines.

Woops, sorry it was late and I did not pay attention to your message.

Your link is indeed very complete.

Thank you so much for your help! After reading the link I'm stressed haha. It's kinda long process. I don't know if we can make it by November.

Hi. @SimCityAT Im confused. Do I really have to process first my passport before marriage? Is it really a requirement for the application for the marriage? Because I'm planning to process it after.

therealxtine25 wrote:

Hi. @SimCityAT Im confused. Do I really have to process first my passport before marriage? Is it really a requirement for the application for the marriage? Because I'm planning to process it after.

You will need to talk with the Embassy, they will be able to explain the process in more depth.

Hi Therealxtine25, im not sure i get your question right. I don't want to assume so id rather ask... are you a Filipino wanting to marry with your Swiss fiance in the Philippines? If so then you have to apply at the Civil Registrar of the place where plan the marriage to take place, this together with requirements from your fiance's end complete and at hand. Also, this answers your question regarding the passport. Bec you don't need a passport (at least not yet) if your marriage is happening in the Philippines. You may need that though as a valid ID.

hi ms wildfire . i just want to ask if you have any idea on how long can we wait for the decision of our fiance visa.. i lodged my aplication last oct 26 2017.. last jan 11 my fiance was called at his commune to submit some documents including our photos together he was also asked some questions regarding our relationship.i have been to switzerland 3x and also were together for 5 yrs....its been a week now and still no response and im getting really anxious because of this waiting 😣😣😣.. and i read on posts that normally the processing takes only 3 mos..😣😣😣

Hi TEENA1126

Your waiting time of 3 months doesn't start unless all needed (and additional) documents and further steps that the consul and/or embassy requires has already been completed. I'm assuming by now that this has been moved due to the additional steps that the consul is being made with your Fiance here. I know the feeling but don't fret.🙂 By your credentials you shouldn't have any issues in coming here to get married. You can drop e messaged at my inbox if you have more questions.

Hi TEENA1126

Your waiting time of 3 months doesn't start unless all needed (and additional) documents and further steps that the consul and/or embassy requires has already been completed. I'm assuming by now that the only reason it took more than 3 months is due to the additional steps that the consul is being made with your Fiance here in Switzedland. Don't worry you will not have to wait for long after that contact with your Fiance. 1 more month to wait is already too long. I know the feeling but don't fret.🙂 By your credentials you shouldn't have any issues in coming here to get married. You can drop me a messsge at my inbox if you have any more questions. Goodluck!