Looking to meet Expats during my trip to Central Valley

My wife and I are coming to the Central Valley in mid-January 2018 for our second exploratory trip.   We are originally from the States currently living and working outside the U.S. and considering retirement.  We would like to meet Expat social groups as we tour through the Central Valley so that we can learn from those who have blazed the trail before us.  Does anyone have any suggestions? i.e.  group X  meets after church at coffee house for socializing or  group Y meets on Tuesdays at local watering hole for beer and wings

We look forward to hearing suggestions.

James Carpenter

Hi Carpenter Family.  We're the Sparks'.  In June, we'll be making our first trip to CR.  At this time, I'm currently looking for suggestions where to stay for a week.  We don't want all-inclusive!  being in higher elevation with 180 degree views of mountains, forestry and beach sounds wonderful.  Any suggestions you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Janet Sparks

To both, the Carpenters and birdnsky_1 we live in Palmares, Alajuela, 30 mins from the international airport. If you come to town (very nice and quiet town) give us a buzz. We'll be glad to show you around.

Look on facebook for San Ramon groups. I don't remember the names but there are 1 or 2 groups for San Ramon I think and some of those people know of meetings for expats.

Hello Janet:
I will be in CR in three weeks for my second time taking a private tour.  Last time we stayed in hotels, this time we are staying in hostels and bnb's as we want to meet more people.  I can let you know about the places when I return.
I have one  suggestion for you and/or others.  If you want a private guide to drive you around, contact Gabrielle (Gaby) via Visitecr.com.  You will see that her specialty is college students studying abroad but she also does private tours tailored to your preferences.   Our first tour was the a little bit of everything, this tour is focused on the Central Valley, real estate, day to day life, visiting stores to see costs, meeting FUN expats and we are looking forward to it.
Best Regards,  The Carpenters

TheCarpenters wrote:

Hello Janet:
I will be in CR in three weeks for my second time taking a private tour.  Last time we stayed in hotels, this time we are staying in hostels and bnb's as we want to meet more people.  I can let you know about the places when I return.
I have one  suggestion for you and/or others.  If you want a private guide to drive you around, contact Gabrielle (Gaby) via Visitecr.com.  You will see that her specialty is college students studying abroad but she also does private tours tailored to your preferences.   Our first tour was the a little bit of everything, this tour is focused on the Central Valley, real estate, day to day life, visiting stores to see costs, meeting FUN expats and we are looking forward to it.
Best Regards,  The Carpenters

So that others can compare, etc., what is the cost of this tour, for how many days is it and what does it include?

Thanks!

- Expat Dave