Raw Milk Delivery

Hi everyone,

Can anyone suggest that how can i get raw milk delivery at my home daily, in D7, I have go through the previous post but cant found any data,

Urgent help will be appreciated

Regards
Asif

Vietnam is not traditionally a milk drinking culture.   In general, milk drinking is associated with northern latitudes which in Asia would be Mongolia and Manchuria.  In some other latitudes goat milk is more prevalent than cow's milk. In fact I once asked an aide why some of the middle schoolers were taller than I was and taller than most of the boys I saw in high schools.  Her answer without hesitation was the introduction of milk to the diet.  That probably began about the late 90's.  Now most milk in the markets is super-pasteurized so that it can be kept at room temperature until opened.  Also if you don't read the label you may end up buying milk with sugar added which seems repulsive to me.   :o

Part of the nature of collectivization and government capital means that Vietnam went from no dairies at all to exceptionally large modern dairies.  A conversation I had with a feed industry representative also told me that Vietnam similarly had jumped from backyard pig production straight to large scale skipping the 60-200 sow units common in the US midwest. 

You may be able to find raw milk in Vietnam but as raw milk in other countries usually comes from small, family run farms, I would be surprised if you could find such.  Delivery to D7 would be even less likely.   I may be totally fooled on this (wouldn't be the first time) and someone will come up with a link to a specialty dairy.  Who knows.

Thanks for the detailed reply and sharing your research, I have also gone thru various articles but can not found any contact of milk supply. Lets wait for some others to come,

I might add that although home milk delivery was the norm in the US when I grew up in the 50's it is a thing of the past now.  Two things I think sealed its fate.  One was working wives.  Someone has to be home.  The other was that people lock their doors now even if they are home.  Our milkman used to open the door himself and proclaim "Milkman" in a loud voice and then proceeded to put the milk in our refrigerator.  Other dairies left the milk in a crate that people kept on the step with a little crushed ice on top.  Those were days in which people had a lot more trust in their fellow man than we do today. 

Neither of these methods would work in Vietnam, where people lock themselves in the house with padlocks no less (great in a fire), and where you certainly could not leave something, no matter how minimal the value, on your front step.  The ice wouldn't last long either.

Please excuse my being reminiscent.  It is a sign of impending senility.   :dumbom:

There are a few places that do this, ask a VN friend to do a search online for you.

As @colinoscapee  said, just ask your VN friend/s. 
Most farms are located in the fringe districts like Cu Chi, D12, Hoc Mon, Thu Duc etc.
Found this article (2016) which may give you a lead. Not sure those people are still there or not. It's in D2.
Here's one in Thu Duc. Ask a VN friend to talk to them.
- Thuduc Milk (Translated)
- Thuduc Milk (Vietnamese)

I think I have passed the Thu Duc Dairy but always assumed it was only a processing plant.  I do doubt that the cows grazing on pasture in the last photo are in Thu Duc.  I expect that cows that are in non-productive parts of the cycle are kept elsewhere and only the milkers are in Thu Duc.  If I had to guess, I think the OP would have more luck with the Catholic dairy although one of the photo captions said that the workers were pasteurizing the milk. 

It is worth noting that Vietnam does have bovine TB (Mycobacterium bovis) which can infect humans who drink raw milk.  At minimum, I would look for some kind of assurance that the dairy is tested for bovine TB and is 100% negative.  See this advisory:  https://www.iamat.org/country/vietnam/risk/tuberculosis