About canceling of visa

Hi my friend...after my 2years contract the employer renew my contract also visa...but now i want to resign..do the employer charge me for the visa expences after i resign?thankyou so much for your answer!!

Hi Emmanuel biteranta,

There is nothing in the law that says that an employee must reimburse the employer for the visa renewal fee.

But many employers do it as they have made an investment on the employee. And if the employee is not going to give them the expected returns, they would want to recover their investments.

Since the employee's final settlement rests with the employer, the employee will be on the backfoot, in such a situation.

It is better for the employee to amicably sort out the issue rather than get confrontational with the employer.

[i]well there is no such law that says " you have to pay for Visa and contract expense" but that would be up to your boss if he wants to Cut that money or let you go without charging you for it, Plus that was better if you told him about the resignation before him renewing anything.[/i]

However, if the contract does specify a notice period and the employee is adhering to that , irrespective of the date on which the contract is renewed, in my view, the employer  cannot actually ask the employee to foot the visa cost (unless it is a part of the contract).

Not sure about one man "companies" , I would love to believe , the big corporate would not resort to this .

Cheers

Unless it was mentioned in your VISA for Automatic renewal, the contract renewal needs to be signed. So if you do not signed the renewal and your original contract is expired you are not liable to pay any for  Employer VISA. You simply can leave.

Asif, I do not think the question was on contract renewal . Even if a contract is auto renewal - there is nothing such a automatic visa renewal . Contracts with automatic renewal requires visa to be renewed too.

The question here was - whether the employee can be asked to refund visa expenses - should s/he chooses to resign post visa renewal .

I shall stand corrected if my understanding was wrong.

I agree , my mistake by VISA renewal I was referring to contract renewal. VISA of course cannot be auto renewed. Some companies sign a contract with their employee that contract shall be renewed for another term if not objection by both parties. But legally when the first term of contract is over and served , an Employer cannot claim return of VISA  or processing fee during the renewal period. That's what i learned in 02 GCC countries I served.