Professional working permit (construction)

Hi greetings. I would like to know whether an individual can apply for a proffesional working permit in malaysia without an agent. The company that want to hire me is a construction company with a CIDB G7 class. I am a fresh graduate engineer by the way. The thing is that the company mentioned that they don't have experience in handling things like this (hiring foreigner). So they asked me to apply the permit by myself. How does the process of applying working permit usually done? Is it possible for me to apply it myself? If yes, where should i go? If not, what suggestions that i can give to the company?

Hey andi,

Only the employer can apply a work permit.

I am also diploma civil engineer. I had 6 years experience from india and dubai. October 2017 i was visited malaysia in a 1year multi entry visa to find a job. By god grace in the last day of 30 i got offer from employer. Now i am in india employment process are going on.

Regarding any suggestion
Reply here
Iam ready to share my experience.
Good luck bro.

The next suggestion is to share this link with them so they can sign up with ESD and get the process started.

https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/pdf/TC-ES … r-2017.pdf

The company has to have the appropriate incorporation to hire foreigners, who in turn should have 2 years relevant experience.