Employment Pass @ 21 y/o

Hey friends, I wanted to share with you my (unique) experience in the last 3 months during my transition from life in Melbourne, Australia to life as an expat in Malaysia.

Background: I'm born in the USA, but have spent the last 8 years living in Australia. Freshly graduated with a BA last year, but spent my entire university studies (since I was 18) working for a large multinational. I moved around within the company, applying for a new role every 12 months. Saw a posting for an IT role within the organisation, but in Malaysia. Applied, and got the job. Was then referred to an agency to process my work permit. Because I had a relevant degree and 3.5+ years of XP in the company, the employment pass came through. Success. Woo!

Long story short: I'm 21, fresh grad, landed a job in IT with a large multinational in KL. Flights, permit, temporary accommodation & allowance all provided. Currently on 6K+ RM salary on a Category II EP.

Browsing these forums during the application stage, I struggled to find anyone as young as me 1) looking for work in Malaysia and 2) finding success with immigration for an EP. How common are cases like mine? Did I get lucky?

Anyway, I wanted to share this because I was quite anxious throughout the whole immigration process being a young applicant but couldn't find any comfort in any online forums anywhere - all were saying it you had to be minimum 23+ or 27+ to be successful. For all the young, aspiring individuals out there wanting to move overseas, you can do it!!

If you have a degree they want 3 years working experience and if you have a diploma they want 5 years working experience so minimum.age doesn't apply. Got this confirmation from a immigration officer

In addition in most cases it's hard to get approved unless you're over 27 yo. They make exceptions, but as general rule it's 27 or older.