Working at Kaust-Living in Jeddah

Hello everyone

I just want to know if any of you have been in this situation, working at kaust through a subcontractor but living in Jeddah in an expat compound. If hapen to be the opportunity of living inside kaust campus, will you go for it rather than living in a Jeddah expat compound?

I believe staying in Jeddah is better

aaguilarcsi wrote:

Hello everyone

I just want to know if any of you have been in this situation, working at kaust through a subcontractor but living in Jeddah in an expat compound. If hapen to be the opportunity of living inside kaust campus, will you go for it rather than living in a Jeddah expat compound?

I would rather choose to live in compound or near kaust to save time spent couple of hours driving time everyday

I have worked at kaust so Nothing would be better then living inside kaust campus and visiting jeddah on every weekends. If you can elaborate about your type of contract which they offered then we can discuss further about it.

Kaby wrote:

I have worked at kaust so Nothing would be better then living inside kaust campus and visiting jeddah on every weekends. If you can elaborate about your type of contract which they offered then we can discuss further about it.

agreed, live @ KAUST much better.

Hello Kaby

Thanks for the advise... Yes, indeed, I also think as you do, always hearing people that have been through that situation help to take any decision..

I am work it out on trying to get housing inside Kaust even though i will not be directly hire by Kaust. I don't know even if this is possible by any means, but the employer seems not to be very surprise about my request, so I think this may happen.

I know there is an hour from Jeddah to Kaust and they provide transportation, but at the end you get bored about traveling everyday and having your family far away in case any emergency shows up.

Thank for your comments