Lost my passport having valid oman visa

Hi i am minu..i am presently in kerala for vacation.i have added my spouse in my passport and got a new passport.after that i lost my old  cancellef passport which is having valid oman visa till january 10th 2018.i am supposed to b go back to oman january 4.i have my resident card in my hand.is it possible to go to oman with my new passport which doesnt have a visa...what to do.i am worried.waiting for ur response

Hi Minu ciril,

Usually, when a new passport book is issued, the old (cancelled) passport which has the visa stamp would be stapled together with the new one.

Until such time the visa is stamped on the new book, the old book has to be taken in tandem with the new book.

I am not sure how why your two passport books were detached since it would have been stapled together.

In any case, since your resident card is with you that alone would suffice for you to enter past the immigration at the Muscat International airport. Do a finger-print entry using your resident card.

Later you can produce evidence of your lost passport, fill the required documents and get your new passport stamped with the visa, with the help of the PRO.

Actually i lost my old passport in the passport office itself.i wasn't aware that the officer will return me the passport after completion of formalities for new passport.i thought that they have taken my old one and it will send it to me along with new passport.wn i received the new one only i came to know that i missed it in the passport office.i went passport office and enquired abt the loss of my passport they said they had returned to me the old one with cancelled seal from the last counter.it could be missed may be in the feed back counter and some body have taken unknowingly.i think i kept it in the table near the feed back counter to write the feedback that time somebody might have taken it.officer said if it has reached to a good hand they will send it to u..and no point of lodging a complaint in the police since it is cancelled and u have got a fresh passport
So i didnt file a complaint.so i what proof i can show to the authority for getting visa stamped in new passport.as u said with resident card alone i can enter to oman but what i will answer to the immigration officer in kerala airport.waiting for your reply

Good day!

I have same problem, my husband lost his old passport with his visa on it. Where can I get this form to fill up? What are the requirements to file for lost of documents. Do I have to pay again for the visa to be stamped on his new passport? I highly appreciate if you respond to my inquiry.

Thanks in advance.