Birth Certificate alternative

Hi,
My husband and I have been living in australia for over 10 years and he has recently been offered a new assignment in Brussels for 3 years.
We are pretty stoked about this opportunity. His organisation is in the process of getting our visas ready however they have asked us to provide birth certificates.
My parents and I have looked everywhere and cannot find my BC. Mine was a home birth in faridabad, Haryana and therefore we cannot procure it from a hospital. My parents do not remember if they registered the birth or just got a certificate made back in 1984.
My worry is that l don't want my husband to lose this opportunity coz of not being able to provide 1 piece of document.
What are my options?
If my birth is not registered, can we have it registered now and obtain a BC?
How long will this take?
Are there any other documents that we can submit instead?
The move to Brussels is due to happen in March so we only  have limited time to have all this sorted.
Please help.

Thanks in advance,
Chandni

If my birth is not registered, can we have it registered now and obtain a BC? -> Yes, it is possible. There is a provision to do late registration. Refer 'Haryana Registration of Birth and Death Rules, 2002' section 13. A simplified PDF here: http://haryanahealth.nic.in/userfiles/f … System.pdf

How long will this take? -> No idea :(

Are there any other documents that we can submit instead?  -> They may accept 'non availability of birth certificate' paper, but this also you may need to get from the place of birth.

For you husband (or the main applicant who will apply with work permit), birth certificate is not a mandatory document., For spouse and kid(s) if any, of the main applicant, it is a mandatory document.

Hi Aneesh,
my wife and i , both do not have birth certificate and we are applying for long term WP to belgium,
other option mentioned was to get affadavit and non availability certificate from local municipal . which we have with us now.

my question is : i am from himachal pradesh and legalization of birth certificate or nabc do not happen there . so it needs to be done at delhi sub magistrate office .

will this work for me and my wife ?  i mean nabc doc + affadavit (legalized by sub magistrate office delhi )

thanks in advance
sk