U.S. Embassy - planned demonstration in Budapest

Hungary: U.S. Embassy issues Security Message regarding planned demonstration in Budapest

14 Dec 17

As of 14 December 2017 the U.S. Embassy in Budapest has issued a Security Message regarding an upcoming protest at the embassy building on 15 December. About 300 demonstrators are expected to gather at the Hungarian Academy of Sciences at 18:00 local time (17:00 GMT) and then march to the Embassy. The protest is in opposition to the recent U.S. government decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

Travelers are advised to anticipate disruptions in the vicinity of the Embassy for the duration of the protest and avoid the area.

We had a demo here but no trouble. Just avoid the area and all should be well but keep an eye open for terrorist attacks in the future as some people think killing civilians is a good thing.

I can see a few of these happening around the globe, will have to check if one is by me. Cheers Fluffy :)

Thanks for the heads up,will stay clear of these sorts of events.
I don't vote and try to just stay in my own little bubble of safety.
last time I protested was in school and that was to allow the boys to wear long hair.
My cousin used to protest in Washington DC with AIM, all pro Native American protests.
Not for me, I like to avoid conflict these days if possible.
I don't trust any gov. on the planet never have and never will. Like George Carlin said," It's one big club and we ain't in it."

I get these messages automatically from my employers alert system - they are sent per country.  There are literally hundreds per day so I filter them.  If I see any more interesting ones about Hungary, I will post them.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

... Like George Carlin said," It's one big club and we ain't in it."

I'm with Groucho Marx: I wouldn't want to join a club that would have me as a member.

Groucho, one of my heros! His humor still cracks me up after so many years.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

last time I protested was in school and that was to allow the boys to wear long hair.

Wow. Then I have been protesting for over two decades.

Of course, I am just protesting the bald spot. But still....