Returning to Cape Town after living abroad

I've just come back to Cape Town, South Africa after having lived and worked in South Korea for 22 months. I was teaching English.
I have had several years of working in a professional environment. In fact, I worked at a well-known publishing website.
I have a post-graduate degree (BA in English Literature and Communication Science from Unisa), I've also completed a few short courses relevant to digital media.
My question is, is it me, the industry, the state of the economy, or just bad timing (end of the year) to be able to find a really decent job, with a decent salary to get by?
I've been back almost 2 months and I have not had any luck with trying to get a job in the industry I want.
I would like to know if any other expats have had the same trouble trying to get a job since returning home?

If you are white, you know the answer. I know highly educated and experienced white males who have been unemployed for over five years now. They have to work odd jobs just to survive.

If you are not, well, yes the economy is struggling and work is thin on the ground. Cape Town is also not a good place to save money. Salaries are lower than in Joburg, but living expenses are a lot higher.