Work permit processing time for Indian nationals?

Hai there,

I was visited malayisa on october in social visit pass to look for a facade engineer job, i got job offer from malaysia company and now i am in India. Last two days before the company email me to return the offer letter with signature and full passport pages and a passport size photo. i sent already. now how many days will take to approve my work permit ?. my passport still holding a visa of dubai, yes i was worked in dubai for last 3 years and now i move from that company without proper cancelation. it will create any problem to get a approval from malaysia work permit ? Please help me.

It will take 1-2 months to get immigration clearance and for you to go to the Malaysian Consulate in India to get the single entry visa (visa with reference - VDR).

The Dubai WP should not cause a problem but up to immigration if they have any special new rules.

Thank you gravitas. I saw your many reply to the other expats also thanks for your service.

Again sorry i didn't get your point?. Why i need to get single entry visa in Malaysian consulate in India? While my work permit is processing by company in malaysia. Can you make it clear please?.

That is the immigration process. The company applies to immigration for clearance to hire a foreigner and then that you fulfil the requirements of the proposed post. This is called Stage 1.

Indianand many other nationals have to get the VDR to enter Malaysia to work.

It can be obtained in other consultates if you are not currently in India. The employer would normally ask where you will attend to have it put into your passport.

Stage II is completed after arrival in Malaysia, when the VDR is checked and the work permit is placed in the passport

Thank you gravitas. I saw your many reply to the other expats also thanks for your service.

Again sorry i didn't get your point?. Why i need to get single entry visa in Malaysian consulate in India? While my work permit is processing by company in malaysia. Can you make it clear please?.

Gravitas wrote:

That is the immigration process. The company applies to immigration for clearance to hire a foreigner and then that you fulfil the requirements of the proposed post. This is called Stage 1.

Indianand many other nationals have to get the VDR to enter Malaysia to work.

It can be obtained in other consultates if you are not currently in India. The employer would normally ask where you will attend to have it put into your passport.

Stage II is completed after arrival in Malaysia, when the VDR is checked and the work permit is placed in the passport

okay got it, When i need to get VDR?. I need to wait my company email to get the vdr or MUst i need to get?. Still i didn't take my medical test. i am just waiting for the company next move.

how many days will take to clear the stage 1 ?. after finish the stage 1 i can re enter to malsysia while processing the stage 2? when i need to take the medical test in stage 1 or stage 2?.

First, immigration will inform the company if they can hire you

Immigration provides a confirmation letter. This can take up to 1 month.

After that, the rest of the formalities can start i.e. the company applies for the  VDR (if they have not done so with the first application). This can take up to 1 month as well

There are quite a few clearances required to hire foreigners, including the medical you mentioned as well as a security profile check.

You will be informed when you can go to one of the Malaysian Consulates in India to get the VDR completed.

Thank you so much ,

As a Indian national i need to get a clearance certificate from Indian police to provide in Malaysia immigration or no need?

The Indian High Commission in Malaysia is involved in recruitment of Indian nationals so they may do the security check through internal channels.

You could contact them if you want more information. Their website is also useful regarding what you need to do to be able to use your driving licence in Malaysia.

Driving Licence - some steps might be needed in India

https://www.indianhighcommission.com.my … ense.html#

You will get stage 1 approved then company will apply for stage 2 it will take 2 to 3 weeks.

You can enter on stage 1 once your stage 2 approved then within 1 month employer will submit your passport to immigration for stamping employment pass.

If you are applying for dependent visa once you are in Malaysia then you will need some document with need to be stamped on zerox copy from Indian high commission that it's a correct original copy.

You will need Marriage certificate and if kid then birth certificate.

You can visit indian high commission office in malaysia or can visit BLS International, Indian Passport And Consular Services Its a outsource service and they will charge some service fees and work will be done faster.

www.blsindia-malaysia.com

Hi

I was appoint in the position of facade engineer job and i completed diplamo in civil engineering.
Is diplamo certifate is enough to stamp engineer post ?
Did i want to attest my certificate in malaysia embassy?
My certificate already got attested in uae embasst when i was worked in dubai.

Mohideen221992 - what immigration have been doing is for people with Diplomas they must have 5 or more years of work experience. So it is possible to get a professional work permit with a diploma.

You may be working on a Foreign Worker work permit. That is a different immigration process.

Yes i am a foreigner(indian) what the process to get engineer visa?

Gravitas, i was signed my appointment letter and returned to company email with all passport pages and passport size photo as they requested. From that how long it will take me to enter malaysia?
I signed my appointment letter that means my stage 1 process is already done? If no.
What are the remaining steps are there to enter in malaysia?

What I was trying to explain is that the company who offered you the job can get a work visa under two different systems 1) Professional Pass or 2) Foreign Worker EP  A diploma is enough for a Foreign Worker EP.

mohideen221992 wrote:

Gravitas, i was signed my appointment letter and returned to company email with all passport pages and passport size photo as they requested. From that how long it will take me to enter malaysia?
I signed my appointment letter that means my stage 1 process is already done? If no.
What are the remaining steps are there to enter in malaysia?

No - Stage I has just begun - it will take about one month. All that has happened is your documents are ready to be submitted to immigration by the employer.

Approval is the first stage (Stage 1) and this will be notified to the employer by immigration.

After Approval the next stage is medical, security clearance done while you remain in India. Then if they are completed, you can take the approval letter to the Malaysian Consulate in India (New Dehli, Mumbai and Chennai offices) and get a single entry visa. This also takes about one month.

Only then you can travel to Malaysia to start your job.

But after arrival and within 7 days you have to get the medical completed here in Malaysia (they do a chest xray). After medical clearance, the employment pass can then be stamped into your passport.

Oh, thank you so much now i understand the process.

Hi gravitas,

I completed Diplamo in civil engineering and i have 6 years experience 3 years in india and 3 years in dubai. When i was worked in dubai my visa was stamped as Architectural draughtsman but i worked as a project engineer. Now i got job in malaysia as facade engineer. Now the malaysia company sent me the appointment letter as facade engineer post(project engineer)
Now my question is still the malaysia company can get a engineer visa for me?
What the malaysia immigiration will consider my visa
As professional visa or foreign worker visa?
If professional visa how long it will take?
If foreighn worker visa how long it will take?

Please explain the tax too.
I got offer 6500R.m and accomdation, transport by company. As a indian how much i need to pay tax to malaysia with this salary?

The system is different here and job title is unimportant  ut company name applying for visa is important as cannot move job without changing PP or FW EP.

The company give me a facade enginer position. So it will be a professional pass or foreign worker pass?
Please kindly give answer to all my questions in previous post.

They could apply for either type of EP. You would need to ask them. The FW EP does not allow a person to bring any dependents with them to Malaysia, but a PP EP does.  The salary you quote would be what is called a Category II PP.

For the first 182 days you are taxed at 28%. So RM6500 = 78000 per annum so tax at 28% would be RM1820 per month.

Once you become tax resident, the tax deduction changes https://www.pwc.com/my/en/assets/public … ooklet.pdf

You get a RM9000 taxfree allowance, so your taxable earnings would be 69,000 and tax about 383 per month. The difference between 1820 and 383 will be reimbursed after you make your annual tax return (tax years are Jan-Dec). So 1437 per month would be owed to you for the first 6 months in which you were qualifying to be tax resident.

The time taken to get the approval depends on how efficient the company is. It will probably take at least one month, and during that time you will need to get a medical done and get a visa with reference (VDR is a single entry visa stating you will enter for work purposes) from the nearest Malaysian consulate before you can enter Malaysia.  It takes 6-8 weeks for a FW EP.

Thank you so much for your reply and time

If you want to read about the PP EP this guide is good - https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/pdf/TC-ES … r-2017.pdf

Thanks gravitas,

The link is useful, from that it showing catogery 3 less than 5,000 cant exceed 12 months contract.
But i signed for 2 years contract and my salary is 6500. So the company applied for professional pass to me. I signed my appointment letter and returned them on december 7. As you said it will take one month. Now we are in jan 6. So one month done but i didnt receive anything from the company and they srill they didnt ask me to take medical.

They may be having issues justifying hiring a foreigner as immigration are very tough these days about giving permission.

Even though you signed a month ago, the company may not have submitted all the paperwork immediately and there have been a few public holidays.

Another issue is some companies just don't have the ability to hire foreigners because their incorporation and paid up capital is not sufficient.  The guide mentions this in the first part.

If the company did not advertise the job and go through a competitive selection process, they will be made to do this to prove no local candidates are available.

The company gave advertise i also apply through advertisement in jobstreet.

Hi gravitas,

Now my compaby send email and ask for current address in india, visa collection center in india and name of my college where my diploma issued as per CIDB. I gave already. They said they received recommodation letter from CIDB. What is CIDB?

Hi gravitas,

Now my compaby send email and ask for current address in india, visa collection center in india and name of my college where my diploma issued as per CIDB. I gave already. They said they received recommodation letter from CIDB. What is CIDB?

Hi gravitas,
When i checked my application status in online.
It shows status as drafts.
And i copy and paste below the details stage by stage  it shows.
Please study these and give the status of my application.

Application status: Draft

Draft: The application is currently in draft status. Kindly complete the form and submit the application to proceed for the next stage.

Pending payment: The application is on hold for processing until payment is made.

Submitted/Documents verification: The application has been submitted and is currently being processed for data accuracy and document(s) verification.

Decision stage:
The application is scheduled to be presented to Expatriate Committee.

Pass Approval Stage: The application is successful and pending for pass approval.

Pass Issuance Stage: The application is approved. Company may proceed for endorsement process.

Endorsed/Completed: The pass is already endorsed in the applicant's passport.

Application Cancelled: The application is no longer in process.

Return to Company: The application is returned for amendment of info or further information is needed.

Reject: The application is unsuccessful as per the decision by the Expatriate Committee.

Deferral: The application processing is on hold for internal checking by the respective team as required by the Expatriate Committee.

Hi Expats
When i checked my application status in online.
It shows status as drafts.
I copy and paste below the details stage by stage  it shows.
Please study these and give the result of my application. How long still will take to approve?

Application status: Draft

Draft: The application is currently in draft status. Kindly complete the form and submit the application to proceed for the next stage.

Pending payment: The application is on hold for processing until payment is made.

Submitted/Documents verification: The application has been submitted and is currently being processed for data accuracy and document(s) verification.

Decision stage: The application is scheduled to be presented to Expatriate Committee.

Pass Approval Stage: The application is successful and pending for pass approval.

Pass Issuance Stage: The application is approved. Company may proceed for endorsement process.

Endorsed/Completed: The pass is already endorsed in the applicant's passport.

Application Cancelled: The application is no longer in process.

Return to Company: The application is returned for amendment of info or further information is needed.

Reject: The application is unsuccessful as per the decision by the Expatriate Committee.

Deferral: The application processing is on hold for internal checking by the respective team as required by the Expatriate Committee.

Draft = no actual application has yet been submitted to immigration

CIBD is the regulatory body responsible for construction http://www.cidb.gov.my/index.php/en/

The approval of the CIBD is required before any immigration department processing can begin. It seems the company need to get your Diploma approved by CIBD.

Your address is to find out which is the nearest Malaysian Consulate that will issue the Visa With Reference (SEV=Single Entry Visa) required to take up employment in Malaysia. They need that information when they make the application to immigration (if CIBD approve your Diploma etc.)

From the ESD Guide

No, 10. is the regulatory body for your type of work.

ANNEX C
LIST OF REGULATORY BODIES
NO REGULATORY BODIES SECTOR
1 Ministry of Education Education
2 Ministry of Health (Traditional & Complementary Medicine) Healthcare
3 Ministry of Tourism and Culture Tourism
4     •     NationalSports Institute, Ministryof Youth andSports           Sports
     •     NationalSportsCouncil, Ministryof Youth andSports
     •     Related Associations   
5 Ministry of Agriculture and Agro-based Industries Agriculture
6 Malaysian Bioeconomy Development Corporation Sdn Bhd (Bioeconomy) Biotechnology
7 Department of Civil Aviation, Ministry of Transport Aviation
8 Department of Mineral and Geoscience, Ministry of Natural Mining
Resources and Environment
9 Unit PUSPAL, Ministry of Communications and Multimedia Entertainment
& Performance
10 Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB) Construction
11 Equestrian Association of Malaysia Equestrian

So from now how long it will take?

1. 2 weeks to get your Diploma and experience approved by CIDB
2. 2-3 weeks to get immigration approval and issuing of confirmation letter
3. You will need to go to Chennai to get SEV

Ok thank you so much.