Moving to the Netherlands with my daughter

Hi, good evening friends, please this is Grace from Ghana. Please i have a six years old daughter before marrying my husband who is a dutch citizen in Netherlands, right now he want us to join him but i want to know if i can go with my daughter and what is the process.
I have five months old baby too with my husband, so i have two kids but my problem is how to travel to the netherlands with my daughter. Thank you.

Hi GraKen and welcome to the Forum.

At the top of the page is our Handy Tools section; within which are links to our Expat Guides, which will help you in many aspects of planning your journey.

Further, the Dutch Government Department (IND) has a website which contains specific information for you; this link will take you there; it also has a step by step guide at the bottom.

With regards to your baby, your husband should apply for a Dutch passport for him/her as soon as possible, you can do that at the Dutch Embassy in Ghana; this link will take you to their website.

I suspect that the issue will be your 6-year old and what Ghanian law says about taking her away from her father who may also have rights.  Certainly, the IND will require a "declaration of consent" from him; this link will take you to the website that deals with this.

Once you've gone through the information above, if you have any further specific questions, then please come back to us.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thank you so much Cynic for your response, i really appreciates it. But please the problem is i dont know the whereabout of the father of my daughter, i dnt know where he stay or leaves. And he doesnt take care of my daughter so please what do i do?

GraKen wrote:

Thank you so much Cynic for your response, i really appreciates it. But please the problem is i dont know the whereabout of the father of my daughter, i dnt know where he stay or leaves. And he doesnt take care of my daughter so please what do i do?

Does your daughter have a birth certificate with her fathers name on it?  Assuming yes, then you are going to have to face up to the fact that this will need to be resolved with the authorities; my advice is:

1st - You need to contact whatever Government agency in Ghana is responsible for family matters and see what advice they can offer.

2nd - Your husband needs to contact the IND and see if there are any alternatives you can use.

Oh kk. Thank you so much. Am grateful.