I need help with Certificate/Work Permit

Hi there, I'm Sorin, the new rules for work permits ask for a legalized TEFL certificate....i'm stuck in Hanoi for 2 weeks now.... the UK embassy does not legalize anymore, they send me to UK to do it !!!!
  Any advice ? agents or solicitors who could help out ?
Thanks !!

you can explain more information to me ! the embassy talked why you can not legalize and can not send me back UK?

VU NHA PHUONG wrote:

you can explain more information to me ! the embassy talked why you can not legalize and can not send me back UK?

FYI:
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/chan … in-vietnam

It is interesting that the British government insists that it's change in policy is in response to Vietnamese law. and not cost cutting, but we haven't heard about any other embassy making the same move.  The line about providing more support to "minors, the elderly and victims of serious crime" is laughable.  I wonder how many unattached British minors are floating around Vietnam.  Maybe a few old ESL teachers with mild dementia, :joking: but not enough to keep the staff busy. 

A telling passage is the one that reads "You can either get your documents legalised yourself or alternatively employ a commercial provider to do this on your behalf."  Perhaps there is a nice little bit of change to be made by an enterprising expat in Vietnam with a good partner in London.

THIGV wrote:

It is interesting that the British government insists that it's change in policy is in response to Vietnamese law. and not cost cutting, but we haven't heard about any other embassy making the same move.

I don't think it's all about cost cutting.
Since Vietnam is not a member of Hague Apostille Convention it is not unlikely that they may have changed their policy regarding legalization of UK documents for use in Vietnam.

Quote from the link above:

The following countries are not members of the Apostille Convention and any document requested by these countries will receive a certification.  Please note that some of the countries listed below may require additional legalization by a Consulate or Embassy office

In fact all documents from Japan, Singapore, The Philippines, China, India and prolly a few others(?) need to go through the same legalization process.